Gibson Brands Forums

For KISS and Vinnie Vincent fans

Guitar God

Vinnie Vincent is set to appear at the Atlanta KISS Expo next year. Believe it's his first appearance since '96 or '97. He's not really done anything in a good long time. Glad to see him finally getting in the public eye again. Thought I'd share for other fellow KISS and Vinnie Vincent fans on here.

https://www.lakissexpo.com/atlantatickets

I saw Vinnie with KISS on the Creatures of the Night tour, with makeup and then again on Lick It Up and I can't remember if he was on the Animalize tour or not. He was a really fast player back in the day. I wonder what he's been doing since his solo excursion?

I wonder what he's been doing since his solo excursion?

You don't want to know...

He lives in the Nasvhille area last I knew and has gotten into trouble a few times, I hope he has straightened up.

http://www.nashvillescene.com/news/article/13039010/how-rutherford-countys-resident-former-kiss-guitarist-squandered-his-stardom

I saw Vinnie with KISS on the Creatures of the Night tour, with makeup and then again on Lick It Up and I can't remember if he was on the Animalize tour or not. He was a really fast player back in the day. I wonder what he's been doing since his solo excursion?

Awesome! How were those shoes? Bet those shows were awesome! KISS is the reason I started playing guitar back in 2000 at 8 years old. Vinnie is such a phenomenal guitarist, but I have heard some horror stories about him as a person. I believe this will be his first puplic appearance since '96 or '97. There are people on the KISS groups on Facebook questioning if this event is really legit. Nobody really knows what he is doing now. He has since moved from Nashville. And he was gone by Animalize. Mark St. John was the guitarist on that album, but he only did one or 2 shows with them because he developed arthritis in his hands, so Bruce Kulick filled in for that tour in hopes Mark would get better, but Bruce ended up getting the gig and the rest is KISStory.

You don't want to know...

He lives in the Nasvhille area last I knew and has gotten into trouble a few times, I hope he has straightened up.

http://www.nashville...red-his-stardom

Was living in Nashville. He packed up and left not too long ago from what I have heard. It's such a shame. I honestly feel sorry for the guy. He is such a talented musician and song writer. I honestly feel he absolutely could have been the next big thing and a lot more people would be talking about him today if he would have kept his head on straight. That's judging by everything I have heard about him as a person over the years. I have heard so much since I started playing at 8 in 2000 and KISS is the reason I started playing. There are A LOT of fans - including myself - who want to know his whereabouts and would love to see him make music again. I hope this event in legit!

Awesome! How were those shoes? Bet those shows were awesome! KISS is the reason I started playing guitar back in 2000 at 8 years old. Vinnie is such a phenomenal guitarist, but I have heard some horror stories about him as a person. I believe this will be his first puplic appearance since '96 or '97. There are people on the KISS groups on Facebook questioning if this event is really legit. Nobody really knows what he is doing now. He has since moved from Nashville. And he was gone by Animalize. Mark St. John was the guitarist on that album, but he only did one or 2 shows with them because he developed arthritis in his hands, so Bruce Kulick filled in for that tour in hopes Mark would get better, but Bruce ended up getting the gig and the rest is KISStory.

I had to go ask my buddy 'cause I couldn't remember. We saw KISS in the 80s, but I wasn't sure what tour and if it was with Vinnie, Mark or Bruce. He confirmed it was the Animalize Tour at the Baltimore Civic Center and Mark St. John played a few songs, then Bruce Kulic came out and finished up.

All I remember is that Paul Stanley encouraged everyone to leave their seats and come up to the front. I somehow wound up right against the barrier in front of the stage and this security guy kept telling me to back up! I looked at him like he was crazy because I was being pushed from behind by about a thousand people and couldn't back up if I wanted.

Well, my FIRST KISS concert was 1979. I think it was KISS with Judas Priest opening. It was frakking amazing. I didn't care for the Dynasty album that much but they played mostly the older stuff anyway.

The Creatures tour was interesting because I didn't know Ace wasn't with them any more when I went to the concert because the album still had Ace on the cover. Vinnie was great and played Ace's parts well and tore it up during his guitar solo. I've seen KISS probably 15 times over the years and they've always been good. Ace is still my favorite guitarist that KISS has had. Tommy does a pretty good job now playing like Ace. But, I'd rather hear him be himself because he was always a pretty good player. Bruce was good but he wasn't my favorite. I guess since I grew up listening to Ace, he'll always have a spot in my heart.

So, here's something I didn't know about Mark St. John. I didn't even know he was dead.

Quote from Wikipedia: In 2006, he did a two-week jail sentence in the Theo Lacy prison in Orange, CA for possession of drug paraphernalia and attempted destruction of evidence, and got badly beaten by other inmates, either for "snitching" on a drug dealer or, according to other inmates, for stealing from them. St. John died on the morning of April 5, 2007. According to the Orange County Coroner, the cause of death was a brain hemorrhage. Family and friends say it was brought on by a beating at Theo Lacy Jail in Orange County several months earlier.

Archived