Gibson Brands Forums

Hi from Massachusetts

PJgodot

Hi, I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself and hopefully meet some like minded people. I'm a relative new player somewhere between advanced beginner and intermediate I'd say. I upgraded my Epi LP P90 for a 2016 LP Studio and picked up a Marshal DSL40c amp to replace my Fender Mustang. Starting to get a bit fixated with pedals. Two of my latest are the JHS Muffuletta Fuzz and the Trio+ Looper/band creator. Jam a little bit with a friend of mine who has been playing for a lot longer than me and is really into Jam bands at this stage. Not my thing. I listen to newer indie/alternative stuff, but that stuff is not really guitar centric. I like to play heavy blues (White Stripes, Black Keys, etc), 90s Alternative and some 70s classic. Would love to eventually join a band and eventually write some original stuff. As an English Lit grad, I think I have the lyrics covered but composing a complete song still seems a bit mystical to me. I can't relate to the complaints I hear from people in bands about having to deal with other band members. It seems like it would be such a great way to exchange ideas and collaborate.

Welcome to the Forum! I live in Central Mass, bout 30 miles North of Worcester, (at the start of I190)

I can't relate to the complaints I hear from people in bands about having to deal with other band members. It seems like it would be such a great way to exchange ideas and collaborate.

perhaps because you've probably never tried to work with people who are just impossible to deal with. I have and I will tell ya, it's hard to keep and make peace with some people sometimes. Age and Maturity has a lot to do with this. As we get older, many of us tend to out grow the angst, not all but most do.

Stay away from the negativity and try to find the players that you have the most in common with, stick it out to see where it goes... at the end of the day, none of this lasts forever.

Archived