Gibson Brands Forums

I tried a few of the Masterbilt arch tops

Mickthemiller

I called in at my local dealer (musical instruments) the other day and among other things tried a few of the Masterbilt arch tops. All I tried had very nice setups with low very playable actions. A bit chunky in the neck and all on the heavy side. One I tried had a slight crack in the finish and I was offered it at around a third off. I almost took them up on the deal but I've had two other archtops which I've sold on so didn't allow the gas to grab me. I tried a few jazz chords I've picked up. Nice sound

I called in at my local dealer (musical instruments) the other day and among other things tried a few of the Masterbilt arch tops. All I tried had very nice setups with low very playable actions. A bit chunky in the neck and all on the heavy side. One I tried had a slight crack in the finish and I was offered it at around a third off. I almost took them up on the deal but I've had two other archtops which I've sold on so didn't allow the gas to grab me. I tried a few jazz chords I've picked up. Nice sound

Which of the Deluxe, Zenith, and Olympic did you prefer?

My favorite is the Olympic. But, with the 3 different models, it's an individual decision.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

What we would really like to know.....

Who was the dealer

What guitars did you try out

What chords did you play

V

dry.gif

Bloomin' heck chaps, one never discloses the dealers name. Electro Music in Doncaster UK. I tried the smallest with f holes, the one a bit bigger with a round sound hole and the biggest with a round sound hole. ''Twas the little one that had the crack. The chords? The chords? I don't know the names, but they are jazzy ones I've picked up. Possibly minor 7 or 13 or 9 or major 6,7,9 or something, with the odd add 13 or add 11. I play guitar, I'm not a blinkin' musician msp_confused.gif

Archived