Gibson Brands Forums

Delay pedal problem

'Scales

Hi guys, when I stomp my Boss DD2 it picks up the specific note I'm playing at the time and just keeps pulsing a repeat of that particular note irrespective of whatever I play after that. The pulsing note is impacted by changing settings on e.level, d.time and mode but not for f.back. [confused]

Reality is that it probably costs more than it's worth to have someone look at it and test to isolate issue(s), but it's a good old pedal when it was working so worth posing the question as to what might be wrong and is it a simple fix? So I can at least consider whether it's worth it. Cheers!

Hi guys, when I stomp my Boss DD2 it picks up the specific note I'm playing at the time and just keeps pulsing a repeat of that particular note irrespective of whatever I play after that. The pulsing note is impacted by changing settings on e.level, d.time and mode but not for f.back. [confused]

Reality is that it probably costs more than it's worth to have someone look at it and test to isolate issue(s), but it's a good old pedal when it was working so worth posing the question as to what might be wrong and is it a simple fix? So I can at least consider whether it's worth it. Cheers!

What is the LED doing? Coming on while your foot is on the pedal and turning off when you lift your foot off?

on when I stomp and off when I stomp again (staying on in between stomps). It's getting a bit weird though - it actually stored an old note now and pulses that once only then whatever note I played when I stomped it (per before) - sometimes it doesn't seem to do anything at all though?

Sounds to me like it's getting stuck in "hold" mode. Try moving the mode selector switch around. I believe the footswitch is supposed to turn the repeats to infinite only when in the hold mode.

Well that explained the 'ghost' note I mentioned in my reply to Dub - that one seemed to be stuck in hold mode so I cleared it out but now just the same issue as first mentioned persists

I'm suspecting that Pup is correct and we are probably looking at a broken mode switch, but it could be a number of things. Unfortunately sounds like the mode switch is the most likely culprit. Do you have a multimeter that you could use to do a continuity check on the rotary switch?

If you haven't used it in a while, you might try working that mode knob back and forth a bit. Could be a temporary fix anyway.

Same for the footswitch maybe, since that is what activates and releases the hold feature.

Archived