Gibson Brands Forums

best "bad' movie?

saturn

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb was so bad that almost all of the people that I've watched it with hated it. I thought it was hesterical. If you need alot of action to keep you interested, you're automatically going to HATE the movie. I must be warped beyond all reason. +:-@

There is that rock'n'roll fantasy flick with Michael Pare'(now a producer)' date=' Willem Dafoe(very Evil-looking gang vampire), too evil for his own good, between Johnny Depp, Dafoe and Malkovich, they are a sub-genre.

and Diane Lane(at her best), too-bad I can't remember the name to that 80's flick.[/quote']

You were thinking of "Streets of Fire". It came out in 1984 (Diane Lane is such a hottie!)

I'd say my "Best" bad movie is "Return of the Living Dead", definitely a hoot.

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb was so bad that almost all of the people that I've watched it with hated it. I thought it was hesterical. If you need alot of action to keep you interested' date=' you're automatically going to HATE the movie. I must be warped beyond all reason. +:-@ [/quote']

You've got to be kidding me? They hated it?? That's a Kubrick movie and they hated it??

I mean...Slim Pickens jumping on that bomb and then riding it down like a bucking bronc was hysterical...

And an all star cast to boot.

Strangeglove.

Forgot that one.

The beginning of the movie, in particular the equipment being used is a full generation ahead of its time, something that Tom Clancy fans would be embarrassed to admit to.

Nothing I know of, even , (black-out, black-out, black-out), can compare with the seriousness of doing nukes during the cold war.

Nothing beats riding the big one as pure genius.

Strangeglove.

It was a very tense time that even a kid like me in San Francisco could feel.

I remember the commercials that showed you how to lie prone, good for the big one, or duck or get into a door frame space, good for earthquakes.

You had kids trying to be kids;

if you can imagine tots looking out for reds.

watching hippies in golden gate park.

slumming haight-ashbury with all these teens trying to survive that micro-climate.

kids knowing where Santana and the Jefferson Airplane would hang out and practice.

That particular exercise in collective logic-defying madness that became known as the be-in.

-lets see, I was, with my twin, 6, and with two other siblings, standing at the corner of haight-Ashbury among thousands, and complaining;

why are we here?

why are they here?

what are they looking for?

I sure can't see it!

Why thousands of people would populate a single intersection for hours without a sound, its still beyond me.

Then you see your dad with either a long pony-tail or Mansonish with a short-hair wig and beard.

6 year-olds are not nearly equipped for that.

Especially when you had ABC producing violent flicks every week, one ad with a certain Mansonish villian crashing through a window, of course it looks too much like my dad, not good, believe me.

Take into account the daily footage from Vietnam.

Worse yet, the zodiak killer was loose and everyone knew it.

Its no exageration that even 4 year-olds knew of those prominent personalities that had been asassinated.

You can see how an otherwise funny flick could be both panned and make a star of the director.

Cleuceau, Darth Vader and Patton were part of the cast.

If you could see it at the time it was released, having a sense of humour was odd for a popular culture that was trying to decide between beatnicks, folkies that once Dylan plugged in became rockers, and hippies whose influence can still be felt, that is, if you want to.

Having a sense of humour at the time didn't just you make you stand out, it made you human amidst a very ugly, scary period.

Dr. Strangelove was nominated for several Academy Awards and had major actors. It is on most Top 100 all time movie lists. I don't think it can be called a "bad" movie, even if you personally don't like it.

Some trivia: The line where Slim Pickens is going through the emergency pack and says something like "a fellow can have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with this", origianlly said "Dallas" but Kennedy was assasinated right before the movie was released. They dubbed it at the last minute and if you watch, you can clearly see his mouth say Dallas.

Im sorry for digging this up but I just watched the movie "Tremors" today. with kevin bacon' date=' man I Love than movie[/quote']

I was going to bring up Tremors the other day.. hehe. It's a great movie. I love Micheal Gross' character.

Archived