Gibson Brands Forums

Samash has more 2015 LPs on clearance

thejay

Yeah I got that email as well from Sam Ash earlier today. Thankfully I have 5 Les Pauls so I have no interest in these despite the price. I'm glad that anybody who can stomach the changes on the 2015 models can get a good price for these. I just have no interest just like when they first rolled them out. I hope they bring many hours of pleasure and joy to all who bought [thumbup]

As a note. Has anyone got a 2015 model and had the ugly logo removed?

I hadnt noticed the logo until you mentioned it ;)

I cant see it when Im playing. The public can but no one has complained so far.

I think the guitar itself is a bit ugly, so by comparison, Les's signature doesnt really make much difference.

Seriously considering going in on the SG or the double cut LP with the P90s. Super hard choice though. I've already got a LP (not a Gibson though) with a P90 in the neck, and I love the sound of the 90s. BUT, I don't have and SG yet and I'd really like one. Plus, my only guitar with a humbucker in the neck is a hollowbody so I'd like a solid body with one. I can't get both though! ](*,)Also, the LP has binding on the neck. That must be taken into consideration...

Nice... I got a Trad on the way and a LPM... [cursing]

I just got my trad today and it is nice. I really like the blue flame finish. If you got the 2015 LPM, those are similar to the Trad weight wise. I was playing my LPM right after the trad and can honestly say I like them both, a lot. I prefer the 2015 LPM to the 2015 studio.

That double cut with P-90s seems like a great deal at $579. But I already blew my guitar budget for several years on my last purchase so I'm out. But hopefully the guys looking for double cut P-90 guitars will see this and take advantage.

As a note. Has anyone got a 2015 model and had the ugly logo removed?

I just slapped a sticker over mine. I don't know what the hell they were thinking when they approved that hideous sig. I get that it's his actual sig but good lord it looks horrible. Surely someone at Gibson must have noticed before they stuck it on almost every damn LP they made that year?

I hadnt noticed the logo until you mentioned it ;)

I cant see it when Im playing. The public can but no one has complained so far.

I think the guitar itself is a bit ugly, so by comparison, Les's signature doesnt really make much difference.

How could you notice that sig? In addition to being a ridiculous giant childlike scrawl it was probably (it or the robot tuners) the most hated and talked about feature on the 2015s. Did you just not visit a guitar forum in 2015?

Like I said in a previous post I covered mine with a sticker. It's just so glaring and stupid looking. The 2015s wouldn't have gotten near the hate they did if they had stuck with the traditional sig on the headstock.

Here is the Les Paul Junior I picked up in the sale:

zSuGMSB.jpg

5zxqq5W.jpg

ML0keHO.jpg

The Les Paul Traditional:

JvbeSgC.jpg

z4HDIvl.jpg

And the Less +:

oqiQrrC.jpg

Cf2LhzT.jpg

T2oqfKq.jpg

On a side note, Photobucket really sucks now.

I wonder why they went with a toggle switch instead of a push/pull or something that looked like a 4th knob?

I wonder why they went with a toggle switch instead of a push/pull or something that looked like a 4th knob?

In time, I will have the toggle switch replaced with a knob. The Less + is a great guitar, is really light weight and it sounds great but that switch is very annoying.

In time, I will have the toggle switch replaced with a knob. The Less + is a great guitar, is really light weight and it sounds great but that switch is very annoying.

Yeah, it's just strange looking because we're all so used to seeing LP with the 4 knobs. Nice looking guitars though. I'm not a fan of most of the 2015 changes but I really like the wider neck on my junior and at the prices they're going for now they're steals.

Yeah, it's just strange looking because we're all so used to seeing LP with the 4 knobs. Nice looking guitars though. I'm not a fan of most of the 2015 changes but I really like the wider neck on my junior and at the prices they're going for now they're steals.

I absolutely agree on them being steals. When I was in Sam Ash yesterday in KOP, I was hoping they had a Jr in another color but they were all sold out. That Jr is a sweet guitar, especially for the price.

I absolutely agree on them being steals. When I was in Sam Ash yesterday in KOP, I was hoping they had a Jr in another color but they were all sold out. That Jr is a sweet guitar, especially for the price.

I like that color, I'd rather have a TV Yellow Jr I guess but it's not a big deal. I thought about buying a Special but I don't need another LP and I dont like that cherry olor which was all they had. Plus I'd have to change the tuners and get a pickguard so I held off. I'm trying to stop buying guitars and get more into amps, mice, and recording equipment.

If you haven't already contact Gibson about getting free replacement titanium nuts, I'm not sure if they're still giving those out but they improve the sound a thousand percent. My junior's brass nut had grooves and was pinging after a month or two, the titanium nut hasn't worn at all in the time I've had it.

Anyway here's my junior (if I can get the pic to upload)

IMG_0564.jpg

I like that color, I'd rather have a TV Yellow Jr I guess but it's not a big deal. I thought about buying a Special but I don't need another LP and I dont like that cherry olor which was all they had. Plus I'd have to change the tuners and get a pickguard so I held off. I'm trying to stop buying guitars and get more into amps, mice, and recording equipment.

If you haven't already contact Gibson about getting free replacement titanium nuts, I'm not sure if they're still giving those out but they improve the sound a thousand percent. My junior's brass nut had grooves and was pinging after a month or two, the titanium nut hasn't worn at all in the time I've had it.

Anyway here's my junior (if I can get the pic to upload)

IMG_0564.jpg

I like the signature cover. I am going to reach out to get the replacement nuts for the guitars. I swapped out the one on my LP Special DC already and it is a huge improvement.

I like the signature cover. I am going to reach out to get the replacement nuts for the guitars. I swapped out the one on my LP Special DC already and it is a huge improvement.

I just couldn't deal with that sig lol. I tried....but I just couldn't.

And yeah the titanium nut was a huge improvement, my junior actually stays in tune with it. Someone on here was arguing with me that the nut material doesn't make a difference in sound, sustain etc but my brass nut had grooves worn in it, it wouldn't stay in tune and it was pinging. The titanium nut stopped all that and surprise surprise no more tuning issues. It sounds much better, whether that's down to the actual material or it's just that the titanium nut not having grooves in it etc, I don't know.

I bought mine used, although like I said I think it might have actually been new and they were just calling them used to dump them. Mine still had the plastic film on it when I got it, anyway I called Gibson and even though my guitar was used they still sent me out the titanium nut, I thought that was really cool of them.

I'd pretty much echo what the Rev. earlier.

The Ocean Blue Trad for $1,400 is an absolute steal for anyone who likes - or even just doesn't mind - the 2015 improvements. Some of these changes could also be altered for those more 'traditionally minded'. I believe the G-Force system can be swapped without any peghead alteration (and sold-on). Likewise the nut. The peghead logo could be, erm, disguised(?) somehow. Surely? I'm not a fan of fret-over-binding but I know some are.

I really couldn't handle (Ho! Ho! Ho!) the wider neck, though, and as it also has what they describe as 'Gibson's thickest profile neck' it's definitely not for me.

Nonetheless; a steal for those less temperamental about these things than myself.

Pip.

Archived