Gibson Brands Forums

Did I Make a Mistake?

Liystalander

Footswitch control' date=' better side mounted LCD/OLED display, more than 8 chameleon tones, WiFi,

and I anticipate future versions may have certain features that get unlocked after a monthly subscription to Gibson to use specific features - rather like Line 6 does with Guitarport $7.98 / month.

Your right - keep the Lp Supreme :- [/quote']

Nice, nice...I want the OLED Display and a separate non pull knob :)

I think this will be worth the wait.

The Supreme is a sweet guitar, but just that. The Dark Fire is a really nice guitar, but there is not as much workmanship as with the Supreme. But, In my mind, workmanship isn't everything. Computers are a passion of mine, as is audio recording, (I use Logic Studio, though, not Abelton or Guitar Rig.) and the Dark Fire is tailor made for that. Also, with my "new" Supreme, they gave me the wrong case, there isn't a certificate of authenticity they could find for it, its missing the warranty info, and the manual. It also has a few scratches. They offered to order a new Supreme for me, but I decided to pass. I ordered the Dark Fire instead. My mom was pissed though, that she loses all the President's Day savings she got before (3K was a good deal for the Supreme, as well as a strap, stand, strings, strap-locks etc. that he threw in with it.), but at the end of the day, its the Dark Fire really inspires me. Now, I just hope it gets here from Virginia by my birthday, and in one piece. I really don't want to have to RMA this beauty.

On a side note, hows the setup on the Dark Fire? I keep hearing about PLEK, but is it really that good? I've never received a guitar that didn't need setup. Except, well, for the Supreme.

Thanks to elantric, MCK, and Alouf, for all of your help and insight in my [extremely tedious] decision.

I understand -

In the long run you will definitely be inspired by the Dark Fire.

The only issue I had was the fret ends at the edges of the fretboard - I had 3-5 that were very sharp and would cut flesh.

The PLEK setup is nice though - your Supreme had it too I believe.

Read about PLEK here:

http://www.plek.com/en_US/produkte/

It renders a lot of sustain and no dead spots on the fretboard

Well - review my RMA PDF I shared the other day - the typical issues that require an RMA are sticky MCK, or bent PU Selector switch.

Rough fret edges should be taken care of free by the resident Guitar Tech at Guitar Center.

Budget a case too.

If its any concession - tell Mom that prices are going up again later this year, and similar technology Next year in 2010 will cost at least 30% more.

Well - review my RMA PDF I shared the other day - the typical issues that require an RMA are sticky MCK' date=' or bent PU Selector switch.

Rough fret edges should be taken care of free by the resident Guitar Tech at Guitar Center.

Budget a case too.

If its any concession - tell Mom that prices are going up again later this year, and similar technology Next year in 2010 will cost at least 30% more. [/quote']

Will do, thanks.

Archived