Gibson Brands Forums

Money Money Money

rct

Chillin. So is the Champagne. Mayweather -><- McGregor at some point tonight.

I have nothing on either fighter and don't really much care, I just like the entertainment. Floyd could go out 50 - 0, Conor could be the guy that whoops Floyd finally.

rct

12 would be nice. Both predicting early night though. I want both to win, don't want a tie, and won't feel bad no matter who loses. It's fun!

I have to say though, if McGregor knocks Floyd on his a$$ it would be epic to have seen it! This is the Marciano record here!

rct

I don't think McGregor has a chance in a boxing match against Mayweather. MMA? McGregor would clean the floor with Mayweather.

I'm with you. But McGregor calls it Combat Sport, and it doesn't matter the type or style, he'll win. Crazy if he does.

rct

So it looks like it ended more or less as predicted. I didn't get to watch, got home too late. Sounds like it was at least a decent fight. I too didn't really care much who won. Although I do tend to root for the underdog most of the time for some reason. I will say for McGregor to go 10 rounds with one of the best boxers in history for his first boxing match is not too shabby, not to mention the 30 million dollar score.

Yeesh! It went really late and then we spent Sunday in the gardens doing stuff.

First...4, 5 rounds I'd say, McGregor looked dope. Hand out, keeping Floyd wondering, little jabs connecting almost all night. He moved well, mixed it up well, but he tended to start rabbit punching in the back of the head as soon as they got tangled up.

Fortunately he got that under control. 5th, 6th rounds he started backing up because by then Floyd had him figured out and was starting to work on him. But Floyd turned his back on McGregor like 4 times in those middle rounds, which made no sense at all because McGregor just waded in with body shots.

We scored 7 and 8 all to Floyd, and after that it didn't matter. McGregor couldn't hold his arms up any longer, ref stopped it before he got killed. If you can see the highlight reel, one of Floyds rights literally made McGregor do the jig in there, his legs got that rubbery. We were doing that until 2am, so we are pretty lame.

All in all, very entertaining, better than the Floyd Pacquaio fight which was the last ppv for us. Bottle of Fairy Tale well spent!

rct

Archived