Gibson Brands Forums

2018 LP Classic... With P90s

Rabs

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No weight relief and aluminum ABR and tailpiece. What about nibs though.... are there nibs?...

It's pretty hard to tell from the pics on Anderton's site but I think there ARE nibs.

SMOnpiF.jpg?1

So in summary;

We have a solid-body Gold Top Standard with P-90s and both an aluminium ABR-1 and Tailpiece.

The only real differences between this and an Historic R6 as far as I can see are minimal being limited to short-tenon (here) and (possibly) a different headstock shape. Almost everything else different is either bolt-on - such as Grovers in place of Klusons, 'Historic-spec' plastics and so on - or cosmetic such as the p'head silk-screen and serial number.

Very interesting, very tempting and very nice for those after an R6 but put off by the price...

Pip.

I tried out a DC in this finish 2 years ago. Same P90s, same cream plastics. I really wanted to like it. Cant make anything work with that P90 sound though.

It's pretty hard to tell from the pics on Anderton's site but I think there ARE nibs.

So in summary;

We have a solid-body Gold Top Standard with P-90s and both an aluminium ABR-1 and Tailpiece.

The only real differences between this and an Historic R6 as far as I can see are minimal being limited to short-tenon (here) and (possibly) a different headstock shape. Almost everything else different is either bolt-on - such as Grovers in place of Klusons, 'Historic-spec' plastics and so on - or cosmetic such as the p'head silk-screen and serial number.

Very interesting, very tempting and very nice for those after an R6 but put off by the price...

Pip.

Don't forget the all important Hide Glue [rolleyes]

Boo! Now the goldtop is gone from the Anderton's website. I'm just wondering what the neck profile is. If its slim-taper, I'm buying one. If its 50's profile, I'll continue my search for a 2013 Traditional in the same spec.

Slim taper...

Boo! Now the goldtop is gone from the Anderton's website. I'm just wondering what the neck profile is. If its slim-taper, I'm buying one. If its 50's profile, I'll continue my search for a 2013 Traditional in the same spec.

In fact heres the full spec

Gibson Les Paul Classic 2018 Black, Gold and Pelham Blue

Body

•Body Style: Les Paul Classic

•Body: Mahogany

•Top: Plain Maple

•Weight relief: None

•Binding: Cream

Neck

•Neck: Mahogany

•Neck profile: Slim Taper

•Nut width: 1.695”

•Fingerboard: Rosewood

•Scale length: 24.75”

•Number of frets: 22 - Medium - Cryogenically Treated

•Nut: Tektoid

•Inlay: Acrylic Trapezoid

•Binding: Cream

•Binding Style: Rolled over Frets

Hardware

•Bridge: ABR

•Tailpiece: Aluminum Stop Bar

•Knobs: Gold Speed Knobs

•Tuners: Kidney Grovers

•Plating: Nickel

•Case: Hardshell

Electronics

•Neck pickup: P90

•Bridge pickup: P90

•Controls: 2 volumes, 2 tones, 1 toggle switch, hand-wired with orange drop capacitors

Archived