Gibson Brands Forums

SJ200 + Baggs Anthem + Baggs Session DI

BluesKing777

my J200 has the Anthem, it works really good, but there's a few things to note.

1: the output isn't very strong, my fishman pickups have quite a bit more output.

2: the volume and blend wheels (which are mountined inside the sound hole) can create some vibrations with certain notes at times. If you touch the wheels, when striking those notes, it stops. Minor annoyance, as it will only happen if I'm driving the top hard.

3: Battery life is about half that of a fishman matrix.

Over all though it is a great sounding setup.

To be really honest i found the tone to be very disappointing. Harsh and quacky is what im hearing. The fishman mattix infinity and Spectrum DI is much fuller, smoother and warm sounding to my ears.

Its probably just my personal taste but ive never come acrosd a Baggs product that impressed me.

To be really honest i found the tone to be very disappointing. Harsh and quacky is what im hearing. The fishman mattix infinity and Spectrum DI is much fuller, smoother and warm sounding to my ears.

Its probably just my personal taste but ive never come acrosd a Baggs product that impressed me.

Did you listen to the black SJ200? I didn't mind the sound of that.

I think people think the Aura box looks too hard and get confused, EA. Then buy something like the Anthem in a guitar and just point and shoot (camera term, not gun.).

BluesKing777.

The prices of Gibson acoustics in Australia are beyond ridiculous.

Tell me about it!

That price is their sell price too - should see the retail!

(I bought my 2 used Lowdens and the custom - all 3 handbuilt guitars - for about the price of the SJ200 here.)

Still wouldn't mind black J200 but.... [thumbup]

BluesKing777.

Archived