Gibson Brands Forums

Thinking of Buc

philfish

My heart and prayers go out to all who lived within the track of Harvey. For 18 years I lived in Victoria, TX. For 5 straight days, I was online constantly, trying to gather information about the damage being inflicted upon my town. Due to medical conditions, I was forced to relocate to Palestine, TX., and ultimately had to retire here. We were spared the ravages of the hurricane because it reversed course a few miles south of Palestine. It may take a decade or more for the cities affected by Harvey to fully recover from this storm. Please keep all those who suffered loss in your prayers.

God Bless all those who have assisted in any fashion during the recovery process.

Amen, Grunt..........pun intended.

For those that believe, God gets all the credit and none of the blame.........an idea I've been trying to capture in a lyric. Some fairy tales just won't go away.

I couldn’t resist. Folk are sending their best is what matters

Good to know you’re still kickin

Heartfelt well wishes to you and yours and all your neighbours

There’s you folk out there up to yer knees and plenty others round the world up to their necks in stuff too

We had a spitfire do a wing wiggle and fly by here today for some guy in a graveyard that gave his all over 70 years ago

Amidst all the BS that’s happening on the world I have a lump in my throat today and am mustering all the hope I can muster in the deep feeling I have that it’ll make a difference

I doubt it though. We’re just flesh n bone trying to make sure our kids have shoes.

Hugs buc 👍🏻

Keep her shiny side up

Amen, Grunt..........pun intended.

For those that believe, God gets all the credit and none of the blame.........an idea I've been trying to capture in a lyric. Some fairy tales just won't go away.

I'm thinking along these same lines... about the vagaries of make-believe creatures. I wish I could write clever, white-hot lines on this subject, but I tend to get too riled up.

Having watched The Hand Maid's Tale recently, my new favorite response to someone's (i.e., a cashier or clerk) sickly "have a blessed day," (happens often, here in the southern part of the states) is "I'm sorry, Aunt Lydia."

Really--god saved the people who were rescued, but the people who drowned--what? they didn't ask enough? No, wait---it's okay that they died because it was god's will?!

(See--I told you I get riled up...)

Glad you are saved, Buc (ha- see what I did there?!)

The devastation to families and the infrastructure in Texas is great. May the relief efforts go well.

I deal with broken lives and families all the time and from my side of the desk, most of the time God does gets blamed for the bad things as well as ignored when things are going well. God is not obligated to fix our broken world, but he has chosen to do so in many people's lives.

Be Cool shalom alechem

God is not obligated to fix our broken world, but he has chosen to do so in many people's lives.

What's the criteria for being one of the chosen ones.........to get one's broken world fixed by this god? Completely arbitrary? God rolling dice up there to determine our fates? [lol]Come on down! You're today's divine rescue! Some silly shite, I'll tell ya, this faith business. Has absolutely no logic in it. An enduring fairy tale.

What's the criteria for being one of the chosen ones.........to get one's broken world fixed by this god? Completely arbitrary? God rolling dice up there to determine our fates? [lol]Come on down! You're today's divine rescue! Some silly shite, I'll tell ya, this faith business. Has absolutely no logic in it. An enduring fairy tale.

That's why they call it "faith" instead of "logic"....

Glad you're ok, Buc. I hope your life, livehood and loved ones are coping with Harvey.

There is an open invitation for getting one's world fixed. Logic supports faith.

We are beyond the scope of this discussion board, if you have an inquiry you can send me a personal message. I'm not here to fight there's too much of that already.

We are beyond the scope of this discussion board, if you have an inquiry you can send me a personal message. I'm not here to fight there's too much of that already.

You're right. I don't want to argue either...........a particularly tough subject to discuss on an open forum. Peace.

Thanks to all for the good wishes. It is a mess but the city is "on it" and will recover.

Archived