Gibson Brands Forums

New Nut with Wider Spacing

BluesKing777

Well, I played a couple of other guitars for an hour or so and...ha ha grabbed the one with the new nut! Can't help myself.

And it does feel better - great guitar anyway but now i just hit that big power D and Dsus4 ala Pete Townsend with renewed confidence [scared]

And while I am raving on - I didn't put a photo of the whole guitar I am talking about up. So for the people who have no idea what I am talking about here is my 1993 Lowden LSE1. It sat at the music shop on consignment forever, until it cam to BK's Home For Unemployed Guitars!

Oh, online I found this - what a mag said about the model when it came out:

Here are a few sample quotes from the Guitarist review:

"...Without sacrificing Lowden's characteristically solid construction, the LSE manages to be an amazingly lightweight instrument"

"The (neck) profile is so comfortable that you hardly notice it, and the heel and volute are unmistakably the work of someone who believes that 'just good enough' is just not good enough."

"The LSE is one of those rare guitars which you hardly notice after a few minutes, because you're too busy playing the thing. The neck fits into the hand, the slim body eases the usual arm-aches, the action is low and easy, the intonation is spot-on, and you're away"

"Soft and natural and expressive... would make a top-notch recording guitar..."

"CONCLUSION: Pretty scrumptious stuff. Lowden have managed to pack a big sound into a small package and the end result is a guitar that can cope with anything from basic stage accompaniment to virtuoso-standard fingerpicking."

"Obviously, for most of us a guitar like this would be a once-in-a-lifetime purchase (for some, a never-in-a-lifetime) but the LSE is in fact very good value for money."

Before the new nut, of course........

TgqJzB1h.jpg

from the side to view the narrow body:

xdoRvr3h.jpg

Back:

nKbMxvQh.jpg

BluesKing777.

Archived