Gibson Brands Forums

Pedalboard and power advice?

MichaelT

This has probably been asked before, probably 100 times but I haven't seen anything lately.

I'm looking for some pedalboard advice and options. Due to a couple of new pedals I acquired that don't take batteries, I'm needing something to power them.

I'm looking at: BOSS BCB60 Pedal Case

I'd like something with a case, a power supply and room to hold the following effects:

1. Tone City - Golden Plexi -9VDC

2. Tone City - All Spark - 9VDC

3. Dunlop Crybaby - GCB-95 - 9VDC

4. DOD - Stereo Chorus - FX65 - 10VDC

5. Boss - Noise Suppressor - NS2 - 9VDC

6. Snark Tuner - 9VDC

Any advice?

6. Snark Tuner - 9VDC

Any advice?

I think you could run that stuff easily on a One Spot. That's what I use for my smaller board. I have a VooDoo Lab Pedal Power 2 under my bigger board.

This has probably been asked before, probably 100 times but I haven't seen anything lately.

I'm looking for some pedalboard advice and options. Due to a couple of new pedals I acquired that don't take batteries, I'm needing something to power them.

I'm looking at: BOSS BCB60 Pedal Case

I'd like something with a case, a power supply and room to hold the following effects:

6. Snark Tuner - 9VDC

Any advice?

I've got that board and it works fine for me. Here's the layout - the Vox Wah has been modded for 9V.

413541332.jpg

Another alternaive to the all in one style boss you mentioned in the OP would be the pedaltrain style. If this interested you then I would recommend you take a look at rockboard which are made by warwick. They much cheaper for what is essentially the same thing.

Harley Benton make a pedal power jr which is isolated and well worth the money. I have 2 on my big board wired in parallel.

Sanyo/Eneloop rechargeable pedal batteries are quite good on small boards as is the rockboard power LT XL however using rechargeable means its then not isolated (shouldn't be an issue anyway with only a few pedals)

All in, you could actually do it cheaper this way

Archived