Gibson Brands Forums

At Long Last - The Latest Sweetie To Come Into My Life

zombywoof

ajeLN4d.jpg

Guess what - your pic is not showing up - at least for me. For what it is worth, while it may just be a fig newton of my imagination, the first thing that pops into my head when I play a 1959 Gibson is I just love the necks on those guitars. They just feel slightly different than those that came before. It is like Gibson finally perfected the round back D neck.

zw, click on the modified imgur link in post #25, not sure which of many imgur links to put in the insert image icon to have it appear.

rookie excuse but worked the first time

Shows up now. Thanks. I am guessing that more than a few of us Photobucket refugees will have a bit of learning curve using different hosts.

I cannot find my inspection mirror (we just moved and it is probably in a box stashed in a bigger box). But as best as I can describe it, the top bracing on the CF-100 looks like one half of a triangle that was sliced in two. One side tapers to a point while the other seems to be flat. Not what is described to a T in the Fabulous Flat Tops book but the book does note that the bracing in these guitars while very responsive lacked strength particularly in the X. I have never seen, heard or read about that being an issue in any post-1955 LG 2/3. As I mentioned, this guitar also retains the stiffened fabric side supports.

Archived