Gibson Brands Forums

Gold Satin parts?

Kinsman

So I've got a 2016 Custom Lite in Black. I love it. Adore it. I've thought about getting locking tuners and one thing led to another and I'm wondering if it's possible to get satin gold parts to replace the gold plated stuff. It'd be an undertaking, replacing the pup covers and all, but I think it would look even sexier.

Thoughts? Recommendations? Am I crazy? Thanks all!

Everyone has their own thoughts on artificially aged stuff. I can see both sides of it. Some of the heavy stuff like the Tom Murphy CS stuff looks way too much for me. I do like the slightly dulled look though.

However, I think it may look odd to have aged/dulled metal hardware on a new looking top/body.

Coincidentally, I just put a aged bridge and tail piece on one of my LPs from Faber which are really nice, but it's on a tribute guitar that has a satin top so it matches the theme.

After these old eyes saw "Gold Satin parts" instead of "Gold Satin pants" I quit laughing and did a search.

Stew-Mac has some stuff and apparently there's also stuff on eBay: Ebay Stuff

Good luck!

It's all good, my eyes are getting there, too, lol. Thanks for the link, I'll definitely take a look.

Thanks for the input, everyone. I'm not really sure if I'll go ahead with it, just wanted to see what your thoughts were. Definitely appreciated ;)

Archived