Gibson Brands Forums

Which is better Gibson or Fender?

Gibson rocks

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well bigsons are cool, but I definitely prefer Gibsons. :^o

Seriously though, Gibsons are better. The look better, feel better, make you a better guitar player, and improve the chances of success of your first-born son in life.

Fenders, to the contrary, are rapists, murderers and baby-killers. Fenders make you a bad, bad person inside.

Go with Gibson.

You guys are crazy' date=' Bigson is way better than Gibson AND Fender, who doesn't love a good Sel Luap or a GS[/quote']

Perhaps you are right. However, you also need to consider PhoneEpis. They are often a good alternative to both Bigsons and Gibsons.

Hard to say one is better. The LP in my #1 git, with the strat coming in at the 2 spot. Both are good for dif things. Funny though, many famous players (i.e. clapton, beck) have switched from gibson to fender. Page recorded I on a tele, and switched to a LP, but more players seem to flock to the fenders when they hit big.

...both and neither.

I guess it deppends on your style and what you like... but also, I think we should accept that fenders in general are better (I just love telecasters).

Let me put it this way:

You have 100 fenders and 100 gibsons of the same model.

You will probably give all (100) of those fenders an 80 score in the great-guitar-ometer.

You have 100 gibsons and you will give 99 of them scores between 45-75 in the great-guitar-ometer...

BUT THERE'S GOING TO BE ONE GIBSON LEFT... and SHE WILL SCORE 100, you just fall in love with her and live happyly ever after.

It really is in your preference. I love my Tele, but any excuse to play a LP is good enough. I also like to mess with my guitars for how I want them to look and play. Ive got necks, PUPs, and pickguards for my strat, and its kinda good to adjust your guitar for what you need easily. Its all in your style of playing. Oh, and I hate SGs... I love LPs tho.

...both and neither.

I guess it deppends on your style and what you like... but also' date=' I think we should accept that fenders in general are better (I just love telecasters).

Let me put it this way:

You have 100 fenders and 100 gibsons of the same model.

You will probably give all (100) of those fenders an 80 score in the great-guitar-ometer.

You have 100 gibsons and you will give 99 of them scores between 45-75 in the great-guitar-ometer...

BUT THERE'S GOING TO BE ONE GIBSON LEFT... and SHE WILL SCORE 100, you just fall in love with her and live happyly ever after.[/quote']

Oh Thunder God... your such a romantic.

Fender makes good guitars for the price, for around $500 you can get a good fender, and if the neck breaks, hey get a new one.

Gibsons, are design to survive nuclear fallout, they age beautifuly, they have great tone, more versiatility, they play alot faster I think.

my .02

Archived