Gibson Brands Forums

Which is better Gibson or Fender?

Gibson rocks

The bigson bighorn model is a pretty mean axe, but I'll have to go with the Kodak 13 string fecal vacuum. Lololol! bigson ROCKS! I can't wait until this year's bigson Winter Spam.

Gibson for humbucker solids

Fender for single coil voicing

You cant compare the two. The only thing the same is the 6 strings.

I love them both. They each make up for what the other lacks.

+1 What deepblue (sage one) said.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The bigson bighorn model is a pretty mean axe' date=' but I'll have to go with the Kodak 13 string fecal vacuum. Lololol! bigson ROCKS! I can't wait until this year's bigson Winter Spam.

+1 What deepblue (sage one) said.[/quote']

You beat me to it!

My johnson increased in size every time I bought a new LP :^o

Now that's reason to go with Gibson wood! Now for something only tangently related. I saw a Jazz duo in once named Johnson & Biggs. I was drinking, and just had to ask the sax player, "Hey, why don't you change your name to..." You see where I went with it. Drunks are so ingeneous. :^o I don't rightfully know what I would do with the brain cells if I still had them.

You can't equally compare the two' date=' apples and oranges. They both fill a need for different abilities and tones. Might as well include Ibanez in there also, I believe they are a nice bridge to fill the gap between Fender to Gibson.[/quote']

Ya i mean you got put us ibanez fan boys in their. Mabye a lil space for PRS to?

Crazy question. They're both the same level. Play an Eric Johnson strat, American vintage 57' or 62' or an SRV strat. Talk about a guitar that inspires you to play. Every Gibson Les Paul owner should own a Fender strat and ever Fender strat owner should own a Gibson Les Paul, enough said.

This really is a pointless argument. Also, it is on a Gibson forum... I feel like the only Fender person here, and yet I love both for their individual advantages. I just happen to like how Fenders feel and sound because of my style.

But if we're comparing Gibson and Fender, how about Fender amps vs. what few amps Gibson makes. Or Fender basses vs. Gibson basses.

Four questions - four answers.

1) Empirically, neither one nor the other; It helps to have both. I, personally, found it more possible to approach the tone produced by a single-coil equipped Fender with a Les Paul than it is to approach the sound produced by a Les Paul with a single-coil equipped Fender. Never having owned a humbucker equipped Fender that is a set-up on which I cannot express an opinion.

2) Neither one nor the other, in my experience.

3) Nowadays I prefer the feel of my Les Paul. I can now appreciate the sheer quality of the craftsmanship.

4) It's possible to buy an excellent Fender for less money than an excellent Gibson - in the UK at least; I can't comment on prices elsewhere.

I prefer playing blues with my Fenders definitely! Also in my book nothing, apart from a Gretsch, can beat a nice Fender into a valve amp for clean tones!

I prefer the sound of Gibson for a more polished and bigger sound. This works for me better playing jazz and also heavy styles, I use a Gibson with a Peavey JSX and Marshall 1960 A cab.

Cheap Fender, and even some Squire still seem often to have a real great vibe to them.

The late great Jeff Healey used Squires for his first album and many times live.

Matt

my opion is sound gibson makes is better then fender but ony in some areas of music while fender a more general is sounds. Reliability depends on what two guitars your comparing maybe two f the same. might be two standards. feel is pros and cons maybe gibsons feel amazing to play from the noises come out of it but some models dont have the cut out curve on the back of the body making it more uncomfortable to play fender feel more comfortable and makes a nice sound hang on! 2 1 to fender but looks come in! gibson outrageously amazing fender body doasnt really look good i dont think thats my opion though. price: gibson got to be more pricy but some standard and studios are cheap...well for high quality guitar while fender is good to produce good fenders for over $1000 but this might say different but i still think gibson are the best

Ok, I cant understand a thing that Gibson Rocks said above. Can you translate that to second-grade English?

Fenders are more comfortable.

You can get a fat strat or even an HH configuration.

They tend to be a lot lighter.

Yeah, they're butt-ugly in most cases but if you're a musician, sound should be way more important.

The sound and feel are different, so you cant compare the standard ones. But if you pay the price of a Gibson, you can get a custom Fender HH Tele with a Bigsby and locking tuners and a whole bunch of other crap. I'd go for the custom Tele for sound.

my opion is sound gibson makes is better then fender but ony in some areas of music while fender a more general is sounds. Reliability depends on what two guitars your comparing maybe two f the same. might be two standards. feel is pros and cons maybe gibsons feel amazing to play from the noises come out of it but some models dont have the cut out curve on the back of the body making it more uncomfortable to play fender feel more comfortable and makes a nice sound hang on! 2 1 to fender but looks come in! gibson outrageously amazing fender body doasnt really look good i dont think thats my opion though. price: gibson got to be more pricy but some standrad and studios are cheap...well for high quality guitar while fender is good to produce good fenders for over $1000 but this might say different but i still think gibson are the best

[/img]

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but did you happen to be on here a couple days ago under a different name asking about your new "les paul supreme flame inlay"? Your writing communication skills are eerily similar.

Call me a conspiracy theorist' date=' but did you happen to be on here a couple days ago under a different name asking about your new "les paul supreme flame inlay"? Your writing communication skills are eerily similar.

[/quote']

+1

Archived