Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone LP Identification Assistance

AJS111

Hi all,

New to the board as I am looking for assistance with ID'ing an Epiphone LP I bought last weekend for next to nothing.

The Serial (F97040152) Tells me it's a product of the "Fine" Factory in 1997. I have tried to ID the guitar online through various searches but can't seem to match it up to any descriptive online - or at least to the exact spec of those online. The closest I've found are the LP-100 and LP-300 (Which I have a strong incline it may be based on the specs I have seen.) The Bolt neck leads me to believe it's one of these. Although I have some doubts around it's authenticity as the serial only appears on the badge on the backside of the neck where the neck is bolted in. The headstock is blank.

I've attached an image for your viewing. It needed some TLC but I've given it a bit of a clean up and thrown some new strings on and it's as good as I could have hoped for the money paid.

Thanks for your help!

Hi all,

New to the board as I am looking for assistance with ID'ing an Epiphone LP I bought last weekend for next to nothing.

The Serial (F97040152) Tells me it's a product of the "Fine" Factory in 1997. I have tried to ID the guitar online through various searches but can't seem to match it up to any descriptive online - or at least to the exact spec of those online. The closest I've found are the LP-100 and LP-300 (Which I have a strong incline it may be based on the specs I have seen.) The Bolt neck leads me to believe it's one of these. Although I have some doubts around it's authenticity as the serial only appears on the badge on the backside of the neck where the neck is bolted in. The headstock is blank.

I've attached an image for your viewing. It needed some TLC but I've given it a bit of a clean up and thrown some new strings on and it's as good as I could have hoped for the money paid.

Thanks for your help!

maybe I'm doing something "wrong", but, I see no "image/photograph": , or any "attachment" ... ? :(

Archived