Gibson Brands Forums

Bought a new amp today - VOX VT50

PMC

Just got done messing with it for the last hour. Its a nice amp. It has a pretty detailed manual and I have just scratched the surface but I cant wait to really mess with it.

I got a good deal on a new one in the box so I couldn't pass it up. I played the floor model, checked the price again and said lets load her up.

Just had to add another post. I really like this amp, I am blown away by all the sounds this thing can pump out.

If you are looking for another practice amp or just another amp for back up to what you have try one of these out.

They are the new version. Take your Les Paul, put it on the bridge pickup, vol on 10 tone on 8.

Turn the amp to the "UK 25th" setting and go at it. Then realize that you have 21 more amp sounds to choose from, its also nice to see that tube glow.

Indeed those VOX valvetronix are great amps, and for the price you cannot do better.

The newest verision of the VT is the best to date... they get better which each new model they put out... cant wait to see what VOX has in store for next year...

(Yes... you guessed right, I am a VOX adict).

Thanks Thundergod, the price for all this amp offers is unreal. I am defiantly a VOX man now. I do hope to score a AC30 down the road but right now this is all the amp I need.

The BBs really sound good with this amp. BTW, I found a Les Paul Standard faded 50s neck in desert burst I am thinking about putting in layaway if I can get a good deal on it.

Archived