Gibson Brands Forums

My 2017 Les Paul Tribute Gold Top

Revolution Six

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The harasser or stalker does not like the truth concerning certain epiphone mdels ... [biggrin][flapper][biggrin]

mihcmac is the guy, don' t be jealous little boy [lol][lol][lol]

My cheap and fantastic Gibson guitars [thumbup]

You punk.. regardless the craftsmanship on the binding is still really crude.. dude...

Oh my, you do run off at the mouth don't you.. Its a real shame the way you butchered that Les Paul, its probably not worth half what it was before you got you hands on it.. Destroying a work of art is a real tragedy.. Have you not looked at you own photos and seen how irregular the binding is.. I would recommend having a real luthier do your mods in the future..

Guest Farnsbarns

I have to say I agree that chasing around minussing everything someone posts is a bit, erm, weird, you have butchered that guitar. Totally ruined it. And that's further from the custom it's pretending to be than a similar Epiphone is from it. The faux binding is terrible. Really bad. I really mean ruined it. Even if you get it refinished it'll still be refinished. You could probably have put real binding on it had you spent what you've now taken off the value at a luthier. Same investment really.

I'd far rather have an Epiphone LPC than that. I certainly believe a high end epi can be better than a low end Gibby.

It's a bit rich when the guy who slates epis as poor copies gauges some supposedly binding-a-like lines in his perfectly good studio to make it look like a custom.

I point out what some people can say and some people can't, my posts come down.

This butt hat has been doing this STOOPID crap for how long now? How many names has he used moderators?

Jesus h.

rct

This thread sure took a weird turn. If he chose to make his Tribute look the way he wants, it's his guitar and he can do what he wants. The worst that can happen is that he won't get much from it on a resale. But, it's a $900.00 Tribute and not a $5000.00 Custom Shop or other vintage or historic guitar and he bought it and it's his.

The only way to learn to work on guitars and modify them is to do it, right? If he's happy with the results, regardless of what anyone else thinks, does it matter? The minuses in the thread are pretty silly but it also looks like there were some other posts and discussions edited or removed.

Mikey..

I think it's that the problem isn't the modifications, as you say,, it's his guitar he can light it on fire if he wants.

Go read some of his post in the Epiphone Forums. He's probably half kidding, but some of the post are just not very nice.

so people are kind of reacting to those.

Mikey..

I think it's that the problem isn't the modifications, as you say,, it's his guitar he can light it on fire if he wants.

Go read some of his post in the Epiphone Forums. He's probably half kidding, but some of the post are just not very nice.

so people are kind of reacting to those.

Oh, I rarely read the Epiphone forums. I guess the moral of the story is for people to just behave themselves and treat each other fairly, regardless of difference in opinion or taste.

Oh, I rarely read the Epiphone forums. I guess the moral of the story is for people to just behave themselves and treat each other fairly, regardless of difference in opinion or taste.

A lot of us are sick of his comments. When he harassed a new member about his new guitar on his birthday, it was too much. The gloves are off, he won't be tolerated any more.

Oh.. I have Gibson's and Epiphone's and enjoy all of them.....

Guest Farnsbarns

A lot of us are sick of his comments. When he harassed a new member about his new guitar on his birthday, it was too much. The gloves are off, he won't be tolerated any more.

Oh.. I have Gibson's and Epiphone's and enjoy all of them.....

Me too. I have an epi Sheraton. Korean. Desirable. Tman played it for hours in a small damp studio practice room in a rough part of South London and seemed to enjoy it. I have even earlier Epi SG. No neck dive unfortunately. [lol]

yea that's kind of where I was with that incident too. it may have been in jest, but if so, it was also in poor taste.

Me too. I have an epi Sheraton. Korean. Desirable. Tman played it for hours in a small damp studio practice room in a rough part of South London and seemed to enjoy it. I have even earlier Epi SG. No neck dive unfortunately. [lol]

I have an Emperor Regent, and a Sheraton Pro II. They are excellent. I've recently parted ways with a Swingster Royal and a Broadway. They were GREAT Guitars and have very happy new owners. (just wanted to do some herd thinning and those 2 were not getting played much) Never mind the Elitist Chet Atkins I had for 15 years that was absolutely KILLER! (sold that one too. -- another of the herd that didn't get played a lot, no regrets. I bought a gorgeous Taylor Nylon string 514 with the proceeds)

I think with our buddy Rev six, it's probably just that his momma never told him "It is far better to be thought a fool, then to open your mouth and erase all doubt"

OK. sorry to open a can of worms.

Note to self: Stay off Epiphone and Acoustic forums. msp_biggrin.gif

Apparently so! I had no idea that this kind of thing was going on over there, in either one. For all I know, there could be a "String Troll" over in the Gibson Gear section berating people for not using Rusty's Rotten Strings in a hybrid set of 15 - 36 gauge!

Archived