Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

RevDavidLee

Goodness me that is a nice looking guitar does it have a very slim neck? That's the only thing that's putting me off although I might just go for it as I would order a left-handed one and I've been waiting a long long time to get a left

The Neck shape is accurately described as "SlimTaper". The action & playability is perfectly superb. Sitting or standing this guitar is a pure joy to play & just feels good. The balance is p-e-r-f-e-c-t :o

Nice!

Oh, re Grenadillo: I recommend some (guitar) lemon oil right away! My 2017 V fretboard drank it up and got considerably darker.

I reserve judgement on Grenadillo until mine has lived through the winter, but I really like it too so far! Sounds and plays great!

Wow - the price has already gone up on the Explorer :o

Musicians Friend has sold out & now they're on backorder but I just looked on their website and the price has jumped! When I bought mine they were selling for $1399. I called & got ahold of management with some questions before I ordered, and they had just installed a new phone system & for a couple of days I was emailing this gentleman & he tried calling me on my cell phone & he said all he was getting was a busy signal. I told him my Apple iphone doesn't have a busy signal - if I'm on the phone with someone you get put thru to voice mail. To make a long story short - because of the delay in talking to me - he knocked $100 off the price so I bought it for $1299.

NOW they are priced at $1539.00 WTF? :o

Here's a direct link: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-explorer-2018-electric-guitar

Anybody ever seen a price jump so fast like this?

(Both Sweetwater and AMS still have them listed for $1399) :)

Last note on this price hike thing - I did talk to my guy at Musicians Friend today & asked him about the price hike. He told me that I got the last 2018 Explorer they had in stock, and when they reordered more - Gibson told them that the $1539 was the new price. As you would expect - retailers have no control over Gibson's pricing. So if any of you are seriously thinking about getting one of these - choose a retailer that has them listed at $1399 (even if they don't have them in stock yet) because they can at least honor those prices for now since when they ordered these from Gibson, they were at the original price.

Everyone have a great weekend!

Archived