Gibson Brands Forums

Niche ideas for gibson... ones that might actually sell for a change.

rsx

How about a les paul axcess doublecut?

24 frets, 60s speed taper neck profile, ebony board with trapezoids, floyd rose tremolo, all the coiltap shabang, and EMG active electronics thrown in for good measure.

only make 1000, MSRP at something like 4000 bucks and watch as the shredders fight over who gets to buy one.

Sounds like a better plan than getting an iconic instrument and routing holes into it...

Or you could just buy a Jackson Soloist for about half the price (and minus the trap inlays).

I really don't understand why "shredder" or "super Strat" guitars get such a bad rap other than being associated with 80's hair metal bands. Hey, I was in more than a few hair bands back then and the pictures ain't pretty but it's a pretty crappy reason to dis what is probably one of the most versatile styles of solidbody electric guitars ever designed.

To be honest the aforementioned les paul DC would be my dream guitar... i was just trying to second guess the majority in the forum.... and majorly failing XD

i really think it would be pretty awesome though. I just don't get the deal with putting holes in guitars.

Well, as the owner of a 1991 Custom with no holes in it, I can tell you very earnestly that the deal is about back pain. My Custom is an awesome guitar to play at home or sitting down or even for about an hour standing with a strap, but it never goes to band rehearsal where I have to stand with that f'er around my neck for three hours. If I decide to buy another LP, it will most definitely be weight relieved.

Yea, the ES-339's are being bought as fast as Gibson can build them. Same goes for the new stuff.

I don't see Gibson standing in line for any taxpayer money.

I think they have a pretty good handle on the market.

Just sayin'.

Murph.

okay, i don't like the idea of EMGs either, but it's not likely that bare knuckle nailbombs will be appearing on gibsons anytime soon, and I only put them in considering the specs on the longhorn. To be honest though the 490 and 498 combo would be the realistic choice if the guitar was ever made.

Also by holes i meant the holy V and holy explorer, not the chambered or weight relieved guitars. This is also what I referring to when i talked about limited production guitars. Sorry for being a tad vague.

Now that I've cleared that up. Anyone else got any cool ideas?

Ksdaddy's Gibson solid body electric lineup for 2010:

Double cutaway Melody Maker with one P90 available in solid colors

Les Paul Special with two P90s in black or limed mahogany

SG Special with two P90s available in white or cherry red translucent

SG Standard with two humbuckers in black or vintage style cherry

Les Paul Standard in cherry sunburst or gold top

Les Paul Custom, black with gold hardware.

Six models. The End.

How about a les paul axcess doublecut?

24 frets' date=' 60s speed taper neck profile, ebony board with trapezoids, floyd rose tremolo, all the coiltap shabang, and EMG active electronics thrown in for good measure.[/quote']

Sounds interesting. I'd prefer to see it offered as a base model without the trem and '57 Classic/Classic plus; no active stuff. I'd love to try one of those out. I've only owned one guitar with active stuff (1980 MusicMan Sabre II) and it was far too powerful; It destroyed what tone the thing had in the first place. Perhaps Act. El's are better now?.....

Sounds like a better plan than getting an iconic instrument and routing holes into it...

I saw the skeletal explorer and thought "What a waste! Interesting,yes, but not for me thank you." although some will, no doubt, love it.

Sounds interesting. I'd prefer to see it offered as a base model without the trem and '57 Classic/Classic plus; no active stuff. I'd love to try one of those out. I've only owned one guitar with active stuff (1980 MusicMan Sabre II) and it was far too powerful; It destroyed what tone the thing had in the first place. Perhaps Act. El's are better now?.....

They have improved a ton, especially in recent years but they only really sound good in the right rig. I mean your only going to be able to get a ton of harshness if you play it with an amp which it isn't suited to. You need something with a lot of headroom and with the right eq you can get some amazing sounds out of them.

Honestly though i prefer passive pickups, especially something like Bare knuckles nailbomb which will do as heavy as you like, but clean up magnificently.

The idea behind this guitar though was it would be a dc axcess so the floyd rose is a big part of that, along with the heel cutaway and all.

They have improved a ton' date=' especially in recent years but they only really sound good in the right rig. I mean your only going to be able to get a ton of harshness if you play it with an amp which it isn't suited to. You need something with a lot of headroom and with the right eq you can get some amazing sounds out of them.

Honestly though i prefer passive pickups, especially something like Bare knuckles nailbomb which will do as heavy as you like, but clean up magnificently.

The idea behind this guitar though was it would be a dc axcess so the floyd rose is a big part of that, along with the heel cutaway and all.[/quote']

Yes, I'd have hoped the AE would be better now.

I wasn't trying to improve on your idea, BTW; I think your's is a Very Good Idea Indeed : unlike the Holy Explorer....

Archived