Gibson Brands Forums

Changing mini-humbuckers into P90s

humbucko

Hi,

I'm soon to purchase either a 2016 or 2018 Gibson SG Special. Both of these come with minihumbuckers.

Is it a direct swap if I wanted to put p90s in it? I know they historically have the same sized cases, but I don't know about screws, holes, etc. etc.... so I was wondering if anyone has any experience or advice here.

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm soon to purchase either a 2016 or 2018 Gibson SG Special. Both of these come with minihumbuckers.

Is it a direct swap if I wanted to put p90s in it? I know they historically have the same sized cases, but I don't know about screws, holes, etc. etc.... so I was wondering if anyone has any experience or advice here.

Thanks!

I swapped-out one of the P90s on my '50s Tribute with a mini humbucker... so, yes—it's a fairly seamless swap. The spacings are exact, and the tech reported no snags or issues.

I am Changing my 2017 les paul tribute from p90s to mini humbuckers The plate in the pickup cavity was drilled and tapped for both

but they only drilled the height adjustment holes for the p90 so I drilled the hole's under the MH mounting holes.....

• 2 weeks later...

so I made the change from the mojotone quiet coil p90 noiseless set to the Seymour Duncan Antiquity II Mini Humbucker set the guitar kills now, I had the mini hum Pickups in a fender modern player telecaster Deluxe Thinline whitch also sounded killer I am going to put the p90's in that, don't know if I should put the original gibson p90's from the Les Paul or the the Mojotone.

Archived