Gibson Brands Forums

Black Beauty 3 upgrade

Black Dog

I posted this in a DIY thread on the Gibson side but since it's a Epi, I thought I'd post it here too:

So I finally got around to my Epi Black Beauty upgrade. I ditched all the original stuff. pups, pots, bridge, tail piece. Replaced with Seymour Duncan Seth Lover pickups, Emerson pots, Emerson PIO cap, Faber ABR tone lock bridge (awesome) and Bigsby. I actually already had the Bigsby on it but it was mounted on a vibramate. I got rid of that and mounted it right on the top. Finally, and this is the coolest thing, I replaced the pickup selector with a "Free-way" switch (https://www.freewayswitch.com/). It is a six position switch that looks like a stock 3 way.

It is wired like this:

MXfmp8R.png

TcRmek7.jpg

vaGD12F.jpg?1

BUljceb.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Very cool.. I was wondering about this for one of my project guitars involving a phantom coil and or a 3rd pickup, not wanting to use a slider switch in a 3 way hole position.....

I posted this in a DIY thread on the Gibson side but since it's a Epi, I thought I'd post it here too:

So I finally got around to my Epi Black Beauty upgrade. I ditched all the original stuff. pups, pots, bridge, tail piece. Replaced with Seymour Duncan Seth Lover pickups, Emerson pots, Emerson PIO cap, Faber ABR tone lock bridge (awesome) and Bigsby. I actually already had the Bigsby on it but it was mounted on a vibramate. I got rid of that and mounted it right on the top. Finally, and this is the coolest thing, I replaced the pickup selector with a "Free-way" switch (https://www.freewayswitch.com/). It is a six position switch that looks like a stock 3 way.

It is wired like this:

MXfmp8R.png

TcRmek7.jpg

Edited by mihcmac

• 2 years later...