Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
burchster

2018 SG Standard

Hello everyone. This gem just arrived today and let me tell you she didnt disappoint. Ive only had some minor issues and those dont pertain to the quality of the guitar. 1. I ordered a separate switch washer to put one on it. Dont do this as gibson is putting them into the case candy. 2. I want to put witch hat knobs on it and have several all parts ones that i swore were for Gibson pots but they are to big and wont stay on has gibson changed its pot shaft sizes?

. 2. I want to put witch hat knobs on it and have several all parts ones that i swore were for Gibson pots but they are to big and wont stay on has gibson changed its pot shaft sizes?

You should be able to take a SMALL screwdriver and slowly and carefully spread the pot shaft, then the knobs should fit tight. be really careful though, because the pots on the PCB's have really brittle shafts. I found out the hardway on one of my LP's but I wound up rewiring it anyhow.