Gibson Brands Forums

Craigslist guitar, what did I buy?

Fabulous Tbird

This popped up on my local Craigslist yesterday afternoon. The description was vague, just something like "old guitar needs some TLC". Pics were terrrible and didn't show the headstock at all. Price was low so I went and checked it out. It was an older guy who said he bought the guitar from a coworker (firefighter) who needed some fast cash many decades ago. The guy who bought it wasn't a player so he put it in the closet some 30 plus years ago in it's case. The guitar has the serial#402309 on the back of the headstock and a ink stamp that seems to read LG(cant make out the 3rd letter)... I did restring it last night since it only had 4 very dead strings on it and it plays and sounds great!

post-73630-062671200 1507898623_thumb.jpg

Awesome! I bought it hoping to flip it, looks like I am going to do pretty good.

Yup, I would say a '66 LG-0. Looks like the guitar still has the hollow plastic bridge (which was changed sometime during the year) and replaced tuners. On these guitars you will not get dinged much in what you can flip it for if the turners are replaced. If you intend to flip it, it will all come down to what you paid for it. I tend to run across these period LG-0s in nice condition in the $600 to $700 range.

Yup, I would say a '66 LG-0. Looks like the guitar still has the hollow plastic bridge (which was changed sometime during the year) and replaced tuners. On these guitars you will not get dinged much in what you can flip it for if the turners are replaced. If you intend to flip it, it will all come down to what you paid for it. I tend to run across these period LG-0s in nice condition in the $600 to $700 range.

I will put it up for $700 but will take $600 then, thanks

If you were in the UK I’d be seriously interested in this! I’m after a bluesy parlour like an LG-0/1/2 or an Epi Caballero. $600 is small change compared to what they sell for over here.

Someone better buy this from me quick I been playin Robert Johnson style stuff on it all morning and I am thinking about keeping it for myself :)

LINK w/PICS

Archived