Gibson Brands Forums

Breaking news on UK delivery date...

kevvo

Hi All,

I'm a hopeful, wanting, waiting, UK resident, with an order on a Dark Fire. Add me to the "have not"s list!!!

Anyways to cut a long story short, I have just heard from my contact at Andertons music store in Guildford, Surrey, who says that Gibson Europe have just contacted him to say that there will now be no UK deliveries until July / August.

So maybe I'll be looking at a few 2008 LP standards instead.... =P~

No way!!! This is terrible news. I would seriously consider buying directly from the US if I were in this situation. Wait, thats exacly what I did already. Enjoying my DF since December 25th 08... Still something to consider.

Hi All,

It's Lee Anderton of Andertons Music Co here. This recent Dark Fire post about a July/August delivery date has just been bought to my attention. I have absolutley no idea where my member of staff has got this info from!! I have asked around & none of my staff remember quoting this delivery date, so perhaps it's just a case of a misunderstanding. Anyway, the official line on the Dark Fire (& this is straight from the head of Gibson UK) is that there is no confirmed delivery date. The hold up is all down to software problems, and once this is fixed the guitars should start to come through pretty quickly. Updates on the Dark Fire hit this web site at pretty much the same time that we (the Gibson dealers) hear about it. I can assure you that I would love the Dark Fire to arrive as soon as possible & I can only apologise to all our customers & ask for their patience. By the way, I have one left from my allocation left to sell, so if anyone does fancy putting a deposot down on it, you can have the very last one!! I only wish I could give you a more accurate ETA. Feel free to contact me at the shop if you have any more questions, but I'm afraid if your question is about DF delivery then I can't tell you anything more at this stage.

Sorry again for any confusion caused

All the best

Lee

... The hold up is all down to software problems' date=' and once this is fixed the guitars should start to come through pretty quickly. [/quote']

Lee, great to see someone like you posting here. Thanks much for that and by all means please don't take this the wrong way but I think the software problem reference is probably not right given that many units have been shipped in the US and are in the pink of health software wise.

Few areas of concern with some units delivered have always been hardware such as MCK, bent toggles etc. Would be great if you could push back to head of Gibson UK and ask for an explanation on what software problem it is that he is referring to... Thanks once again!

Hi All,

Lee, thanks for posting, if you pm me I can let you know who phoned me this morning and told me this date expectation. I have still got a deposit on the guitar as at present, so wonder why this was communicated to me.

..very strange...

Would also help if Gibson gave us a clue!!!

This news of "Software holding shipping" may be true. I understand early feedback to Gibson from Dealers / Users is the MCK is tough to master - so they are developing an "easy" MCK Mode. They May have elected to wait until this new Tronical Firmware is working before they ship to multi-national non english speaking destinations. Look at the hurdles reported here regarding the RIP installation. Add a Language barrier and it becomes imperative that clear working controls are mandatory for a global release.

One last update that has just come through (albeit unofficially!) is that Gibson are just waiting for the top man in the USA to sign off the latest batch. If this gets the OK (& he's a hard man to impress by all accounts) the Dark Fire could be on it's way sooner rather than later. I gather Gibson really want to "wow" you all with the Dark Fire, and they don't want the guitar to be anything less than perfect (which by all accounts the very first ones weren't). Please don't hold your breath or shout at me if I'm wrong!! I do hope that you all see some positive news of the Dark Fire site soon - that really is the best place to look for updates. Everything is just rumours & speculation.

Well I asked Gibson directly through thier 'Talk2Us' system, quoting the feedback Kevvo had received. Here is their 'official' reply:

Dear Brian,

Thank you for your interest in Gibson guitars.

The darkfires are on hold until further notice. No estimated delivery date has been given yet.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Kind regards,

Gibson Europe Customer Service

00800-4GIBSON1

00800-44427661

www.gibson.com

service.europe@gibson.com

This is the typical response I would expect during a firmware change / check /test / validation sequence.

This way no one gets lied to by making promises on ship dates which may get delayed as last minute "bugs" get extinguished. Better Gibson's R& D team suffers these bugs than us the users! Certainly Gibson wants to sell guitars - they just want to make damn sure the batch shipped across the pond are perfect.

Lee, massive thanks. I echo elantric's and others positive comments and appreciation of you getting involved with us.

If you read this Lee, do you think that Gibson will air freight or surface deliver the guitars to Europe when they are released? Just thinking that if sea freight, the initial forecast of actually getting the baby in the sticky mitts may not be far out!!!

Well I asked Gibson directly through thier 'Talk2Us' system' date=' quoting the feedback Kevvo had received. Here is their 'official' reply:

Dear Brian,

Thank you for your interest in Gibson guitars.

The darkfires are on hold until further notice. No estimated delivery date has been given yet.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

[/quote']

This is exactly the answer i received from Gibson Europe concerning the issue:

http://forums.gibson.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=13822

It's obvious (and logical) that they all have been given a common line from the HQ to say nothing about expected delivery (a second official delivery announcement that may not be met again, would be veeeery bad!)

Archived