Gibson Brands Forums

2015 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Gold Top

scarello

First post here - WOOT WOOT

So I found one at Chicago Music Exchange, and having had a 72/73 Deluxe previously, I jumped at it.

Great sounding guitar - acoustically and plugged in.

Finish is amazing and neck/frets/fret edges feel very smooth - just curious why they masked the binding in the cutaway the way they did [huh]

Liking the boost switch and G-Force tuners seem cool, but part of me misses the traditional setup.

Pups are super articulate and I'm liking the push/pull pots.

This is my 2nd ever new Gibson I have bought - def not disappointed!

Anyone else have experiences or opinions to share?

Thanks,

scarello

Hi

I picked up the same thing from CME last month, 2015 Deluxe Goldtop!

I love mine and happy that you do too.

The mini humbuckers are fantastic and I’m getting s lot of use out of the switch tool

I did have tuning problems with it and thought it was the GForce but turned out, it was the nut.

I purchased an adjustable tusqnut, installed it in seconds and it stays in tune perfectly now. I also put on 10s as it was strung with 9s

Great guitar, look into replacing the brass nut with a Tusq nut

Congratulations on your purchase

Chicago music exchange is great to deal with

Hi

I have to disagree. Gibson sent the titanium nut to me which was a big improvement over the brass one. However, the Tusq nut made such a big difference in tuning stability and the effectiveness of the GForce. It is a different guitar with the Tusq nut for me. It also wasn’t expensive

Hi

I have to disagree. Gibson sent the titanium nut to me which was a big improvement over the brass one. However, the Tusq nut made such a big difference in tuning stability and the effectiveness of the GForce. It is a different guitar with the Tusq nut for me. It also wasn’t expensive

We can agree to disagree. I have the following 2015s that now have titanium nuts with no tuning issues: Les Paul Jr, LPM, Special DC, Studio, Less Plus, Deluxe and a Traditional in addition to a SG Special and a Standard. My experience is that if you make sure that the strings are properly stretched out, using the titanium nut, your tuning issues are solved and you get a ton of sustain. Paying for an option without trying the free option first doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. As with any advice, your experience may differ.

Archived