Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ceptorman

Hello from Indy

Hey there. I just bought my first real guitar, a 2017 Les Paul Tribute. I'm a pretty basic player, always wanted to be better, just hasn't clicked yet!

I do have a few other guitars, nothing special, couple Ibanez guitars, a decent Alvarez electric/acoustic, a Yamaha bass. I do have a passion for music.

Just wanted to say Hey....

Hello and welcome....

Nice looking guitar and a good choice.. The tribute models seem to be very popular at the moment.. We get a fair few of these come up.. Go look at the Les Pau section. And indeed I have one, a 60s Tribute from 2011... Really great guitars for a great price.

Happy playing [thumbup]

Killer colour - HoneyBurst is always a winner. Good luck with your continued learning and improving! And enjoy that guitar!

Welcome and congrats on your tribute.msp_thumbup.gif Very nice ax.

Thanks.....Yea it's good for my skill level, always wanted a Les Paul, and this way I got a new one. I looked at a few used ones and some in pawn shops, I was amazed at how much people are asking for their guitars after not taking good care of them, some were thrashed.

Hey there. I just bought my first real guitar, a 2017 Les Paul Tribute. I'm a pretty basic player, always wanted to be better, just hasn't clicked yet!

I do have a few other guitars, nothing special, couple Ibanez guitars, a decent Alvarez electric/acoustic, a Yamaha bass. I do have a passion for music.

Just wanted to say Hey....

Welcome to the forums! Those Tribute models will certainly help you on your way to being a better player. Congratulations.

Welcome to the Gibson forums. I used to spend a lot of time in Indianapolis. I grew up near there in Greensburg, IN and lived in Richmond, IN for a while. My bands used to play the local circuit back in the 80's and 90's and there were a few places there that we'd play. I'm just south of you in Kentucky these days. Nice guitar too. I love my 2017 Tribute as well.

Welcome to the Gibson forums. I used to spend a lot of time in Indianapolis. I grew up near there in Greensburg, IN and lived in Richmond, IN for a while. My bands used to play the local circuit back in the 80's and 90's and there were a few places there that we'd play. I'm just south of you in Kentucky these days. Nice guitar too. I love my 2017 Tribute as well.

Thanks....I was 21 in 1983, maybe a I saw you play somewhere around Indy.

Possibly. I think there were three or four rock clubs in Indy in the 80s. Band names in that era were: Iron Cross, Mischief, Wild Child, Black Sheep (we got that name from being 5 different members of 5 different agency bands. We worked primarily with US Artists (formerly Sunshine Promotions) and toured mostly in Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky and Illinois but we made a few trips East to the coast and as far West as Kansas City.

Thanks everyone.

Cabarone, yes Indy is a pretty nice city, clean and not too bad of a crime rate. What brought you to Indy? A race?

Concerts mostly (although one time took a couple from church for an operation the wife was having)...dating myself here, but the Who's first farewell tour and, I think, Golden Earring/Triumph...both @ Market Square Arena...we went early, got a room and hung out in the Square...

Concerts mostly (although one time took a couple from church for an operation the wife was having)...dating myself here, but the Who's first farewell tour and, I think, Golden Earring/Triumph...both @ Market Square Arena...we went early, got a room and hung out in the Square...

Ha.....I was at that Who concert at Market Square Arena! That arena is now gone, but I have great memories [biggrin]