Gibson Brands Forums

2018 (CRACKED HEADSTOCK) Gibson Les Paul traditional Tobacco Burst

scottpaine_69

The 2018 Gibson Les Paul Traditional (Tobacco Burst) pictured on Gibsons site has a huge crack in the back of the head stock. I've tried posting a comment on it at least 5 or 6 times only to have in deleted or not approved after the first deleted post. The amount of time deleting and not allowing post, they could have photo shopped the crack out of the photo. I'm not hateing on Gibson. I own 5 Les Pauls that include a 2017 Gibson Les Paul Standard T, 2017 Traditional HP and my main guitar is from the hated 2015 Line. All I was trying to point out is that at least 2 times in a 6 month period Gibson has posted a pic. of a blemished guitar on their site. I do have some QC issues with them considering it took 4 tries before getting my current 2017 Gibson Les Paul Traditional HP without any major issues. 2 showed up with cracked titanium nut housings (which Gibson says was due to shipping). I can tell you it was NOT due to shipping considering there was not any other damage to the guitars and they were shipped in a metal case without damage. Another had electrical issues along with blemishes.When I finially got the one that was perfect it was just that PERFECT. We shouldn't have to go through 5 guitars to get 1! I almost didn't go for an HP because of the first 2017 Gibson Les Paul Standard HP I ordered. When the 2017 Standard HP blueberry burst I ordered showed up it had saw dust in the case and all 4 knobs wobbled. When I opened up the back control pocket I saw the circut board crammed in so tight it was bent about to break and somebody at Gibson hand chisled out the control pocket by hand to try to make electronics fit. It looked like crap and they left giant chunks of wood and a ton of saw dust inside the guitar. I sent it back. I saw a 2017 Gibson Les Paul Standard T in blueberry burst and bought it instead. I decided to try my luck with another HP. As I stated before it took 5 guitars before I got 1 that was a keeper. If their QC sucks so bad on their website pics. How bad does the QC suck for the actual 2018 line? Every Gibson I've bought has cost me between $2300 to $2800 and none have beenperfect as soon as I received it. I've either had to send it back or I accepted a blemish (with a discount or I would not have kept them). The one and only guitar I bought that was perfect when it arrived was the Jackson RR flying V I bought for my son. It was $700 and it was NOT even shipped in a case. Explain that to me! A $700 non american made guitar shipped without a case shows up PERFECT but a $2800 Gibson Les Paul in a Metal case shows up blemmished /broken more often than not. WTF Rant over. All this because they refused to let me say, Hey! you put up a pic. of a broken guitar on your site. Fix it.

You're right

ieHIyTU.png

This pic. has been up since they released the new line. I can't believe nobody from Gibson has fixed this pic. yet. They know it's there because they have deleted my first comment (with a copy of the pic.) and all the other times they did NOT approve my comment.

This pic. has been up since they released the new line. I can't believe nobody from Gibson has fixed this pic. yet. They know it's there because they have deleted my first comment (with a copy of the pic.) and all the other times they did NOT approve my comment.

I was just looking about and found that same line is on a fair few of the pictures..

I actually just think its bad photoshop work or very unfortunate lighting..

They have fixed it now...

Does this make you happy?

yRessEB.jpg

They do know how to use photo shop.. I just saw an article on this again earlier today on a gear news site that made it to facebook saying how people had told Gibson about it since Sept. and all they did was delete comments.

I was just looking about and found that same line is on a fair few of the pictures..

I actually just think its bad photoshop work or very unfortunate lighting..

[thumbup] sleuth! - makes much more sense than them putting up a cracked guitar shot... and probably easier just to delete comments of people finger pointing than have to explain it repeatedly while waiting to reshoot or digitally fix. Wouldn't have cost them a single sale either way.

They do know how to use photo shop.. I just saw an article on this again earlier today on a gear news site that made it to facebook saying how people had told Gibson about it since Sept. and all they did was delete comments.

I hope they credited you in the article

Archived