Gibson Brands Forums

Holy smoke

E-minor7

Here they go

The old hippies

If you can remember then you weren’t there , and yet you all still remember it enough to talk about it

Sheesh

Now, BBG, what you have to realize is that we can remember, but not in the linear fashion folks tend to impose on the concept. Moments in time can be recalled quite well, but the intervals before/after those moments are, at best, elusive and, more often, entirely missing😎

Here they go

The old hippies

If you can remember then you weren’t there , and yet you all still remember it enough to talk about it

Sheesh

Callow youth!

What you fail to understand is that for those the age of the Ol' Cowpoke and myself, we view the past (to paraphrase one who knew a lot about it) as a huge meadow which no winter ever quite touches, divided from us now by the narrow bottleneck of the present.

We may not remember all of it, but parts do come back to us from time to time, often while those who look after us in the nursing home wipe the drool off our faces.

sheesh...

Callow youth!

What you fail to understand is that for those the age of the Ol' Cowpoke and myself, we view the past (to paraphrase one who knew a lot about it) as a huge meadow which no winter ever quite touches, divided from us now by the narrow bottleneck of the present.

We may not remember all of it, but parts do come back to us from time to time, often while those who look after us in the nursing home wipe the drool off our faces.

sheesh...

The ones who drew the LONG straw will be ‘wiping the drool off your faces’ 😂

Drinks are on me chaps , may you stay out of the home for a while yet

Archived