Gibson Brands Forums

Gov't Mule / Warren Haynes

IanHenry

Several years ago I raced in an endurance race and the promoter had a "friend who had a band" who agreed to play while we all ate/drank after the race. My engineer said something to the effect of "Yeah, one of these guys has played with the Allman Bros". I took one look and thought "Holy $hit, that's Warren Haynes!" and yes, it was. What a night! Won the race and got to see WH for "Free".

Several years ago I raced in an endurance race and the promoter had a "friend who had a band" who agreed to play while we all ate/drank after the race. My engineer said something to the effect of "Yeah, one of these guys has played with the Allman Bros". I took one look and thought "Holy $hit, that's Warren Haynes!" and yes, it was. What a night! Won the race and got to see WH for "Free".

Wow.....that was a treat.

Just curious....what kind of racing?

Wow.....that was a treat.

Just curious....what kind of racing?

Sports car. NASA sanctioned. Thx to the Photobucket thing, I have no photo's to post but suffice it to say that it was an open cockpit, purpose built, LMP2, top speed about 170mph, but woohoo, what a ride! The concert was just a plus.

Sports car. NASA sanctioned. Thx to the Photobucket thing, I have no photo's to post but suffice it to say that it was an open cockpit, purpose built, LMP2, top speed about 170mph, but woohoo, what a ride! The concert was just a plus.

Very nice. Nothing like the buzz of sitting on a racetrack, ready to go, and launching away!

Archived