Gibson Brands Forums

Weight issues.

SG dude

Btw Kurt' date=' it would be interesting to know what changes (if any) you can hear when you try the TOM Nashville. [/quote']

It´ll take me a while to swap it. Because the ABR still works. It´s just that it´s reached it´s limit for setting the intonation. I think change will happen within a month. But I doubt that I would hear any difference. And I don´t believe in things like that in general. H-Bomb often said something like it´s nothing that can´t be leveled with a little turn on the amps controls. He was also talking about using a roller bridge from time to time. Maybe we should ask him if he hears a difference?

Kurt

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys! i know this was ages ago but, heres an update! i was back in the shop and theyve sold the burny, but still have the tokai, but they have more sg's on the cheap!! but suprisingly ****ing awesome!!!! i'll put a link for their store but they dont put all their guitars on the web, probably a clever ploy to make you go in. smart! anyways the USG60 is made in japan and is great. but they now have tokai's from china which kick just as muck hard rocking ***!!!!! the USG35, its IMHO better than mostly every epiphone i've played, much like it is in the ad, i am going to buy these because they are so good and so cheap and make a few mods. i dont know when they'll next get them in but i'lll try to keep you guys posted. http://www.guitarstore.co.uk/index.php?TokaiElectricGuitars

The ABR-1 will kill the TOM for sustain.

Period.

Murph.

can anyone tell me what is on the Tokai?? the £199.99 model?? (from the link) thanks. i still cant tell (sorry, even after all you guys help) the screws are on the top of the bridge does this make it specificly an ABR or the TOM??

when i buy it all i'll have to change is the pickgaurd (yip, to the full one) possibly the pickups, who knows?? it has everything i need, trap inlays, binding, holly decal on headstock. I'll admit to GAS.

Archived