Gibson Brands Forums

Bobs new album in the bootleg series

blindboygrunt

Read the song titles - looks really interesting. I'll give it a listen later.

Hopefully, folks won't write this off as being 'religious'. We would be poorer musically and all round if we didn't open our minds, if not out hearts to genres like Gospel Music, Southern Appalachian Christian songs, and Jewish Folk tunes.

Hopefully, folks won't write this off as being 'religious'. We would be a poorer musically and all round if we didn't open our minds, if not out hearts to genres like Gospel Music,

IF you can listen to Blind WIllie Johnson, Rev Gary and The Staples Singers, you can give Bob a shot of love (maybe a 2-CD worth shot).

I have been listening to some of it on YT. Good stuff! I am a fan of all of Dylan’s eras and saw him perform live during the era of this bootleg series. Could never understand the criticism. His writing was rejuvenated as was his performing passion and instrumentation.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

I have been listening to some of it on YT. Good stuff! I am a fan of all of Dylan’s eras and saw him perform live during the era of this bootleg series. Could never understand the criticism. His writing was rejuvenated as was his performing passion and instrumentation.

Haters gonna hate...

When I first heard some of he songs on boots that Dylan chose not to put on these LPs I had to agree with Mark Knopfler that Dylan should not have been the one to pick the LP lineup. But he also said then again it was Dylan, what were you supposed to do.

Yeah. You mentioned the outfidels album. Way way better than the released album

Being a Dylan fan it’s always good to hear new stuff so I like the bootleg stuff , some is just interesting but a huge chunk of it is outstanding

The first release bootleg 1-3 is perhaps my most played bob album.

Shot of Love from 81 was the first Dylan record I didn't buy and never got. Started an 8 year break.

But I attended at least 2 concerts in the period.

One was the fatal show in Southern France where some kind of short circuit shot the electricity down just after take-off and only the monitors continued.

Drummer Keltner and a percussionist tried to jam on, but had to stop too. Soon after it all ran again. .

But it turned out that a terrible accident had happened. It took 2 lives backstage.

Only found out a couple of years ago and still wonder if Dylan and the band knew.

Don't believe it as they probably wouldn't have continued, , , we, the sold out stadium, certainly didn't.

. . . . . . . ☠ ☮

There also was severe turmoil in front of the stage towards the end.

My buddy and me were up there and the pressing got so intense people began to panic.

Girls fainted and I clearly felt the inner alarm go. If you lifted your feet you would stay vertical, but be transported by the crowd.

We were at the edge of control, but luckily it calmed down in time.

Think it was the last gig of the tour and remember how one of the band-members went over and cut Bob's electric strings with a tool after the encore.

In hindsight it's hard not to read a sign in this rare and final act.

Avignon

Palace de sports

Right on - an out-door arena on the outskirts of town. I was down there busking with a trio.

Riots in mid-city too. One evening as we stood playing in front of a closed shop, suddenly a river of fruits came rolling down main-street.

It was the early warning of a demonstration that soon developed into a confrontation between local peasants, young people and authorities.

First time I tasted teargas, , , in fact the only. Had to take refuge inside and behind the doors of a bar-toilet.

A warm idyllic Southern European night transformed to a smaller battlefield. And yes, , of course we played Dylan-songs. .

Right on - an out arena in the outskirts of town. I was down there busking with a trio.

Riots in mid-city too. One evening as we stood playing in front of a closed shop, suddenly a river of fruits came rolling down main-street.

It was the early warning of a demonstration that soon developed into a confrontation between local peasants, young people and authorities.

First time I tasted teargas, , , in fact the only. Had to take refuge inside and behind the doors of a bar-toilet.

A warm idyllic Southern European night transformed to a smaller battlefield. And yes, , of course we played Dylan-songs. .

I sent you a PM. Perhaps your mailbox is full but it didn’t send.

If you’d like a copy of said show I’d be more than happy to post the cd’s

🤘

I sent you a PM. Perhaps your mailbox is full but it didn't send.

If you'd like a copy of said show I'd be more than happy to post the cd's

��

Thanx, but frankly not really interested in the concert. Heard enough live-bootlegs over the years.

Tried to clear some mail-space - but the dialogues there are rather precious.

Looking closer into the accident, it seems the 2 perished were people from the audience who fell into some cables. Unbearable.

And the percussion I recall might have been the girl-singers or other band-members taking shakers and stuff to keep the groove goin'. .

Something now tells me Dylan and his men, , , the whole crew knew.

And we out on the soccer-field were happy; oblivious to the fact tragedy unfolded right in front of us.

Archived