Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul 2017 Tribute Satin Black?

J Mascis

I purchased a new Gibson Les Paul Tribute 2017 T in Satin black from Zzounds. For the life of me I can't find this model anywhere online except from Zzounds (in satin black) also on the back of the headstock it only says "Made in USA" with no model year indicated? I would assume this is a legitimate Gibson model as it was purchased through a legit retailer.

You guys have any ideas on this?

post-88485-056367600 1509721939_thumb.jpg

post-88485-037098300 1509721945_thumb.jpg

Looks legit to me. Often Gibson does limited runs for a specific dealer (in this case ZZ Sounds) which aren't really referenced anywhere else. Kind of hard to see in the pic, but serial number looks good and the fact that the year isn't on the back wouldn't worry me.

As long as it plays and sounds good enjoy it.

Zzounds does lots of limited run stuff that's for them only. That guitar looks exactly like my two '17 tributes except for the color. the model year is indicated by the serial number.

Cool looking guitar, BTW.

That's what I figured......Guitar is built and plays better than my American Fenders. Playing it through my Orange Rocker 15.

That's what I figured......Guitar is built and plays better than my American Fenders. Playing it through my Orange Rocker 15.

Looks like my 2017 LP Tribute, pretty good guitars for the money....looks very nice in black....congrats.post-88316-029623000 1509744531_thumb.jpg

Archived