Gibson Brands Forums

NBD: 2018 SG Std. Bass.

MrNylon

I played The Beatles, "With A Little Help From My Friends" with the 2018 Walnut SG Std. today. It has the most fantastic sound along with that song. The deep full punch from the Humbuckings. You don't give up, or lose anything in the sound. Outstanding!

Sn8Zptu.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been watching Sweetwater for the stock of the SG Std.'s, and they're out of stock again. These basses are really starting to turn over well. It's good to see that.

I'm going to sell the Heritage Cherry SG Std., probably tomorrow, and keep the Walnut. They both play the same, and sound the same, so to me it doesn't make any sense to have the two, when one will play fine. [thumbup]

I did sell the 2018 Heritage Cherry today. But, I don't regret hanging on to the Walnut though. The Walnut is going to be running through an Ampeg V-4B tube head, and an Ampeg SVT-212AV cab.

Classics right there.

The sounds are incredible. This V-4B is a great tube amp that sure sounds like it's more than 100 watts. The 2X12 cab is doing it's part as well. Oh yeah,............. the SG Std. is Super!

I believe I kept the right SG Std., the Walnut. I've been playing it whenever I can lately, and for what ever reason, it feels smoother, and quicker than the Heritage Cherry that I had did. I guess maybe It's, just because it is a bit smoother, and quicker. UtDkFpI.gif

I'm still watching Sam Ash selling the SG Std.'s for $1,429., and Sweetwater selling them $1,299. :rolleyes:

Sweetwater must have had the SG Std.'s on sale. I just noticed their price is now, $1,429. for the 2018 SG Std.'s, the same as Sam Ash. I do like the $1,299. price tag I acquired mine at.

zVx70Gh.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Love it.

I'm a huge fan of Walnut.

I just bought a Walnut J-15 acoustic.

"Murica"

Seh2oN1.jpg

Woah! That's nice. Congrats! Walnut is a nice wood. The SG Std. is a typical Gibson Mahogany body, with a Walnut finish. When I was in wood shop in school, I did the majority of my projects with walnut.

Archived