Gibson Brands Forums

Pickup ID

stewyd

Hi,

A friend of mine found a pair of Gibson pickups as shown in the attached pics in the attic of his new house the other day and I could do with some help identifying them. I have no clue how old they are or to which guitar they were originally fitted, all I know is that when I used my multimeter the neck pickup measured 7.83k ohms and the bridge pickup’s reading was 13.74k ohms. My friend found them in a Bare Knuckle Warpig pickups box so I am pretty confident they are a pair which were swapped out for the Warpigs at some point. The Gibsons have no serial numbers, labels or any other blatant marks to enable me to identify them.

Anyone have any ideas as to which pickups they may be?

Thanks,

post-88560-024889500 1510167869_thumb.jpg

post-88560-040663500 1510167888_thumb.jpg

post-88560-076985500 1510167904_thumb.jpg

post-88560-034430300 1510167920_thumb.jpg

Hi,

A friend of mine found a pair of Gibson pickups as shown in the attached pics in the attic of his new house the other day and I could do with some help identifying them. I have no clue how old they are or to which guitar they were originally fitted, all I know is that when I used my multimeter the neck pickup measured 7.83k ohms and the bridge pickup’s reading was 13.74k ohms. My friend found them in a Bare Knuckle Warpig pickups box so I am pretty confident they are a pair which were swapped out for the Warpigs at some point. The Gibsons have no serial numbers, labels or any other blatant marks to enable me to identify them.

Anyone have any ideas as to which pickups they may be?

Thanks,

Hey stewyd;

I would say they are 490R and 498T set, Gibson has used these in tons on guitars over the years, could be wrong but the readings are definitely in the right ballpark. I've got set in a Les Paul Custom and love them.

Johnny

• 5 weeks later...

Archived