Gibson Brands Forums

LR Baggs Lyric Mic in Advanced Jumbo.

Victory Pete

I got the LR Baggs Venue Preamp yesterday to smooth out the honkiness of the factory installed Lyric mic in my Advanced Jumbo. It sounds really great and natural. It did take some drastic EQing to get rid of the honking. I applied the 8% Rewards from the purchase of the AJ towards this and a Peterson Tuner. It was like an early Christmas yesterday.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-advanced-jumbo-herringbone-limited-edition-acoustic-electric-guitar?src=3GOA4D1A#productDetail

https://www.lrbaggs.com/pickups/lyric-acoustic-guitar-microphone

https://www.lrbaggs.com/preamps-di/venue-di-acoustic-preamp

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/peterson-stroboplus-hd?pdpSearchTerm=peterson

Good luck with it Pete.

I replaced the anthem in my j200 with a fishman matrix, the rattle the preamp module was making was too much for me to deal with.

LR Baggs replaced it, I put it on Ebay and it sold very quickly. Loved the sound it generated, hated with a passion, the rattles it made...

Good luck with it Pete.

I replaced the anthem in my j200 with a fishman matrix, the rattle the preamp module was making was too much for me to deal with.

LR Baggs replaced it, I put it on Ebay and it sold very quickly. Loved the sound it generated, hated with a passion, the rattles it made...

I had an SJ-200 Standard for 1 week last year. I loved the Anthem. I like this better though without an undersaddle element and that big preamp box.

I had the anthem in a Martin Tweedy I had last year. Sounded fine but not particularly dynamic, which was odd as the guitar was amazingly dynamic.

The relatively flat dynamic response made me curious to see how it would sound in a classical guitar, so installed a Lyric Classical in my old Perez nylon string and it was a total feedback disaster...a reinstall required I think!

I had the anthem in a Martin Tweedy I had last year. Sounded fine but not particularly dynamic, which was odd as the guitar was amazingly dynamic.

The relatively flat dynamic response made me curious to see how it would sound in a classical guitar, so installed a Lyric Classical in my old Perez nylon string and it was a total feedback disaster...a reinstall required I think!

I haven't used mine in a live gig yet. I just have used it in my studio. Did you have the LR Baggs Venue Preamp? It has circuits to help with feedback.

I had an SJ-200 Standard for 1 week last year. I loved the Anthem. I like this better though without an undersaddle element and that big preamp box.

It did sound good, if you could ignore the rattles from the module that got re-amped through the mic.. #-o

I haven't used mine in a live gig yet. I just have used it in my studio. Did you have the LR Baggs Venue Preamp? It has circuits to help with feedback.

I should correct my post-I had the Lyric in the Tweedy and my classical, not the Anthem! My mistake. I didn’t use the Venue DI but I’ve heard great things.

I should correct my post-I had the Lyric in the Tweedy and my classical, not the Anthem! My mistake. I didn't use the Venue DI but I've heard great things.

I have noticed the Lyric does have a compressed aspect to it. If I strum really hard volume doesn't increase. They describe this in the specs as a special circuit that I suppose helps reduce feedback.

My wife has the Baggs Lyric Mic in her Martin D-12 28. She seems to like it. Me - I just bought another Dearmond 210 from a friend. I did not need another one but I could not resist it as it came in its original box with a receipt and sales literature.

I have considered putting one in my D12-28 also.

Archived