Gibson Brands Forums

'68 RI LP Custom Antique Pelham Blue Info?

manflan

Hi, Manflan. That's a good question. I didn't read anywhere that it was a limited run. Where did you find that info? I'd like to know the numbers too. Let me see what I can find on the net, if not we should both email Gibson regarding that. Service@Gibson.com.

Thanks, SilverLester, for directing me here. I hope Reese and the rest of your family are well.

Edit: I sent an Email to Gibson regarding this guitar's production #'s. I'll post any reply I get.

Hi' date=' Manflan. That's a good question. I didn't read anywhere that it was a limited run. Where did you find that info? I'd like to know the numbers too. Let me see what I can find on the net, if not we should both email Gibson regarding that. Service@Gibson.com.

Thanks, SilverLester, for directing me here. I hope Reese and the rest of your family are well.

Edit: I sent an Email to Gibson regarding this guitar's production #'s. I'll post any reply I get.[/quote']

BIGBENDS, this reminds me to tell you something that I have been thinking for awhile . . . I need a new thread with new pictures of your '68 antique pelham blue. Manflan, if you have pictures, let us see them. Come on guys, these don't come around too often and I need some new pics! In all seriousness, the pics that BIGBENDS has posted to date show just how nice that unusual finish is on the these LPs.

I got a reply from Gibson. I will copy & paste it below. Gromaj, I'm very happy that you like my Custom. I will post new pics of her this weekend on a new thread, but only if you include some fine pics of your sweet baby there in your avatar. Deal? Here's the reply from Gibson:

Hi

Thanks for the email. We do not release production numbers for our guitars unless there was a predetermined and publicly announced production limit set before production, so we do not have totals of this model. Thanks for the inquiry.

Gibson Customer Service

1-800-4GIBSON

Hi' date=' Manflan. That's a good question. I didn't read anywhere that it was a limited run. Where did you find that info? I'd like to know the numbers too. Let me see what I can find on the net, if not we should both email Gibson regarding that. Service@Gibson.com.

Edit: I sent an Email to Gibson regarding this guitar's production #'s. I'll post any reply I get.[/quote']

I'm glad you two got hooked up. Reese and my wife are great. Thanks for asking. I can't wait to see the pics fly on Saturday. :-s My wifey likes your axe so much - hmmm... maybe... I'll have to make sure she sees your pics. :-$

Thanks for the replies. I remember reading about gibson developping the antique paint process on the private exchange website. That was a while ago, and couldn't find the document again. Beautiful guitar, completly changed my opinions of solid color guitars, thick necks and chambered Les Pauls. I'll post pictures once I return from my trip. BIGBENDS, do you have the 2007 GOTW#38 SG?

Archived