Gibson Brands Forums

Lets do a Gibson Forums Calender

Californiaman

O.K.,

I'll cut and paste my reply from the other side...

My understanding of the laws of copyright infringement, at least in the U.K., is that;

If the proposed calendar was produced by a collective who were to call themselves, say, 'The Friends of the Forum', even if the calendar was to include only Gibson instruments, if the Gibson name did not appear anywhere on said calendar, nor on any of the instruments (which would limit the choice only slightly as Photoshop [TM] is a wonderful tool) , nor did anything which is a trademark or has been copyrighted appear on the same, no-one could stop it from being produced as there would be no grounds of infringement.

After all, the instruments just might all be Chinese fakes; who could tell?........

Well, most of us, I suppose................................

Pippy' date='

I'm being as sarcastic with this post as I possibly can.

I thought if we keep asking for it, Gibson would get off their corporate arss and let us do this calender.[/quote']

I appreciate that, Californiaman.

I'm also trying to point out to Gibson that, with or without their help, this project can and will go ahead.....

Sure' date=' I'm in! What a novel idea!

:-&default_eusa_wall.gif ](*,)

Hey man, maybe now you will have 75% of the calendar instead of the lame 57% you scored last time :-

Seriously, didnt we go through this a couple of months ago? What happened to it? (I was hoping I could get one of those calendars full of pinefd's beauties...)

O.K.' date='

I'll cut and paste my reply from the other side...

My understanding of the laws of copyright infringement, at least in the U.K., is that;

If the proposed calendar was produced by a collective who were to call themselves, say, 'The Friends of the Forum', even if the calendar was to include only Gibson instruments, if the Gibson name did not appear [i']anywhere[/i] on said calendar, nor on any of the instruments (which would limit the choice only slightly as Photoshop [TM] is a wonderful tool) , nor did anything which is a trademark or has been copyrighted appear on the same, no-one could stop it from being produced as there would be no grounds of infringement.

After all, the instruments just might all be Chinese fakes; who could tell?........

Well, most of us, I suppose................................

You know what really bugs me about all this calendar stuff (aside from paula not being there)?

It's that if we made the calendar... and anyone joked about them being fakes, Gibson would most probably come after us... while they are efectively doing nothing about those fakes selling everywhere in the states, from pawn shops to ebay to that guy with that story about being sold a fake in guitar center (from the "used gear" section).

Gibson would most probably come after us.

And what? Charge us with : "Publishing photographs of various used string instruments with the consent of their owners."?

I'd like Gibson to be in this project with us but if they don't want to that's up to them to decide.

Gibson have surprisingly little say over what we can choose to do as most of what we were proposing is 100% legal anyway; it's just the details which would need to be worked out with some care, so as not to infringe any copyright law.

And what? Charge us with : "Publishing photographs of various used string instruments with the consent of their owners."?

I'd like Gibson to be in this project with us but if they don't want to that's up to them to decide.

Gibson have surprisingly little say over what we can choose to do as most of what we were proposing is 100% legal anyway; it's just the details which would need to be worked out with some care' date=' so as not to infringe any copyright law.[/quote']

...no, for owning counterfeit guitars... you know... if anyone even made a joke about any of them being fake... wouldnt it be funny?

Archived