Gibson Brands Forums

Lets do a Gibson Forums Calender

Californiaman

Hey everybody,

lets do a Gibson Forums Calender

Everyone can enter a favorite picture of your Gibson guitar.

We can get an independent guitar magazine to do the judging.

Maybe we can even see that the proceeds from the calender go to the Children's Cancer Society.

What do you think?

My understanding of the laws of copyright infringement, at least in the U.K., is that;

If the proposed calendar was produced by a collective who were to call themselves, say, 'The Friends of the Forum', even if the calendar was to include only Gibson instruments, if the Gibson name did not appear anywhere on said calendar, nor on any of the instruments (which would limit the choice only slightly as Photoshop [TM] is a wonderful tool) , nor did anything which is a trademark or has been copyrighted appear on the same, no-one could stop it from being produced as there would be no grounds of infringement.

After all, the instruments just might all be Chinese fakes; who could tell?........

Well, most of us, I suppose................................

My understanding of the laws of copyright infringement' date=' at least in the U.K., is that;

If the proposed calendar was produced by a collective who were to call themselves, say, 'The Friends of the Forum', even if the calendar was to include only Gibson instruments, if the Gibson name did not appear [i']anywhere[/i] on said calendar, nor on any of the instruments (which would limit the choice only slightly as Photoshop [TM] is a wonderful tool) , nor did anything which is a trademark or has been copyrighted appear on the same, no-one could stop it from being produced as there would be no grounds of infringement.

After all, the instruments just might all be Chinese fakes; who could tell?........

Well, most of us, I suppose................................

Pippy, since were on a gibson forum, Couldn't we just ask Gibson if they minded as long as it is done to their satisfaction and don't mar their name?

Pippy' date=' since were on a gibson forum, Couldn't we just ask Gibson if they minded as long as it is done to their satisfaction and don't mar their name?[/quote']

I hope you're just kidding me on.

If not, there are currently five pages, containing eighty-eight posts, on this topic over on the Les Paul side of the forum, and that's just the second part of the original post.

This has been running for months......

Archived