Gibson Brands Forums

Deluge of sexual predators

Mr. Gibson

It's funny watching a bunch of dudes talk about this. Shame there isn't some gender balance here. I doubt that we really get it, but we have no ladies to provide perspective.

That said, the penis+vagina equation has worked in our favor for thousands of years, and I have no problem with this shift toward egalitarianism. If you have to coerce a woman to have sex... then you shouldn't be having sex with her.... period!

Sad ****3ers deserve what they get. Though, as noted, it's difficult to prove years later, and that is a problem. The culture of shame we have created makes it tough on women, I think, to report these things. We encourage passivity in women and aggression in men. Many women likely feel like it is their fault. Maybe this whirlwind of attention will improve that.

As far as not having a woman’s perspective we all live with, sleep with, work with etc etc women.

Years ago I worked with a absolutely hideous looking waitress who was always hitting on me. The very first shift I ever worked with her she came up to me, presses her back into me and asked if I would give her a massage. At work. Within hours of meeting her. Just think if she was now famous I could go to the media and accuse her of “sexually harassing me”.

Women hit on and flirt with men all the time at work. And as far as Hollywood goes you really think a lot of movie actresses would be where they are if they weren’t attractive? Everyone has heard of the “casting couch” in Hollywood but “sleeping your way to the top” is a common expression in Hollywood too.

Women put up with unwanted advances constantly, especially the good looking ones. Some guys do not understand that flirtation results in a yes or no answer.

I’ve had women hit on me in and even grabbed me with and without permission but has not been a constant thing.

I was at Barb-e- cutie eating the other day and an older guy was flirting heavy with a good looking waitress. She was not at all giving an in but the guy was lingering, she was being polite because it is her job and the guy was taking advantage of that when she was close enough he kissed on the cheek. This is in a public place.

Women put up with unwanted advances constantly, especially the good looking ones. Some guys do not understand that flirtation results in a yes or no answer.

I’ve had women hit on me in and even grabbed me with and without permission but has not been a constant thing.

I was at Barb-e- cutie eating the other day and an older guy was flirting heavy with a good looking waitress. She was not at all giving an in but the guy was lingering, she was being polite because it is her job and the guy was taking advantage of that when she was close enough he kissed on the cheek. This is in a public place.

Yeah but that’s my point. It’s flirting. Flirting is not sexual assault. And for every waitress bothered by customers flirting with them I’ll show you ten waitresses who flirt with customers to get better tips.

I worked in restaurants for years. Flirting, both ways, is a huge part of it. If you don’t like customers flirting with you you probably shouldn’t be a server.

When I was a server I once had an old woman grab my arm and rub it and say something like “oooh, look at his muscles” to her friends and they then all took turns rubbing my arm. These were ooooold woman who weren’t attractive to me in the least. I didn’t file a police report or run to the media or tell my boss. I just waited for them to all get their turn rubbing my arm and then I got on with my job.

Another time I was serving a bacholerette party and it was in a pvt room. I went into the room to check on them and the table was covered...literally covered...... in dildos. Big ones, small ones, even (and this is the one that still sticks in my mind years later) a little wind up walking one. Was I sexually harassed?

When I was in the Navy there was a female petty officer who worked with us and she was constantly telling us how nasty the female sailors were in her berthing and even that they kept her up at night having loud sex lol. Was she sexually harassing us? I just thought it was funny.

There is real sexual assault, real rape victims. But the current hysteria is just going to make people tune out eventually. A guy hitting on you, or flirting, or making an “inappropriate comment” isn’t a crime. Just be an adult and get on with your day.

I get that it happens, I get that it happens more in certain circles and professions but the fact that attractive women have to put up with it constantly is a different story and I am sure you understand that.

For instance, I am 100% sure that you understand why it is not advisable for a good looking woman to go by herself to certain places.

I do agree that the over exposure of the subject will make people tune out but the media gets on a subject and they cannot stop until they have exploited every minute of attention. Like baby in a hot car, unarmed black man getting shot, etc.

I get that it happens, I get that it happens more in certain circles and professions but the fact that attractive women have to put up with it constantly is a different story and I am sure you understand that.

For instance, I am 100% sure that you understand why it is not advisable for a good looking woman to go by herself to certain places.

I do agree that the over exposure of the subject will make people tune out but the media gets on a subject and they cannot stop until they have exploited every minute of attention. Like baby in a hot car, unarmed black man getting shot, etc.

Of course it’s not a good idea for women to go to “certain places” by themselves but that has nothing to do with sexual harassment. I assume you’re talking about nightclubs and bars and parties where people get stinking drunk.

But if a man and a woman get stinking drunk at a party, and then they have sex....and the woman can’t remember much The next day.....that’s not necessarily rape. If the guy was every bit as drunk as her it’s on both of them. That’s part of the problem. Feminists claim even if a woman says yes to sex, if she’s drunk, it’s wrong. How many people haven’t had sex while drunk?

And they claim women should be able to dress any way they want and be able to go anywhere they want. Sure, in theory. In theory I should be able to walk through the worst parts of Chicago wearing expensive jewelry and waiving cash around. But if I did that it would be 5 seconds before I was robbed.

I’m not arguing that rape and sexual assault, harassment don’t happen. I’m just saying the bar keeps getting set lower and lower and for what qualifies and people are being assumed guiltyjust because someone accuses them.

We’re all adults and the world is being turned into one ran by HR and who the hell wants that? If someone says something that “offends” you so what? I understand if it crosses a line, like a threat or obscene but if you hear two guys at work joking about some chick having a nice body? Welcome to adulthood.

I don’t know if you’ve ever worked with women but a lot of women are every bit as dirty talking and flirty etc as men. I worked with young waitresses for years and if the restaurant where I worked had had an HR we all would have been fired. But instead we just took what people said as it was intended, which 90% of the time was as a joke. Much fun was had and zero rapes.

Yeah, but look at the Weinstein situation. All these women were assaulted, some claim raped, yet they all let him get away with it because they wanted to be stars.

And by the early ones not reporting it how many other women were made victims? So now, after they’re older and their careers as movie stars has fizzled they come out to “protect” and “save”other women?

I get wanting to be a star but I don’t get knowingly allowing rape to continue. And it wasn’t just women, all the people who worked with Weinstein knew what he did. Yet they looked the other way to get their movies and millions.

As far as punishment, that’s a very gray area. If GUILTY a rapist should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. If someone I loved were raped I’d want the rapist dead. But it has to be 100 proved guilty. And that’s dufficult when these women don’t report the crimes until decades later.

And modern feminism has moved the goalposts so much on what constitutes “rape” and “sexual assault” etc that we have to be very careful. There’s been plenty of cases of men who were falsely accused and accusing someone of rape is a stigma that doesn’t go away, even if they’re found innocent.

I want rapists held accountable but at the same time the current witch hunt and media frenzy is dangerous.

I’ve been drunk and tried to kiss a girl and had her push me away. That’s not “sexual assault”, it’s humans doing what humans do. Someone trying to kiss you or make a “move” or whatever you want to call it isn’t sexual assault but feminists claim it is. They claim if a woman has sex and regrets it that’s rape.

So it’s a complicated issue and the media is not a court.

i have to say, i am pleased as punch to see that some of you seem to have taken the red pill. when i first came in here, i expected to see a thread full of virtue-signaling white knights. there were a few, but some of you seem to have gone down the rabbit hole. good for you! hang in there guys, you are not alone [thumbup]

i have to say, i am pleased as punch to see that some of you seem to have taken the red pill. when i first came in here, i expected to see a thread full of virtue-signaling white knights. there were a few, but some of you seem to have gone down the rabbit hole. good for you! hang in there guys, you are not alone [thumbup]

I haven’t taken any “pills”. It’s just common sense.

We used to have a meal at a nice country pub when passing through.

The kitchen staff were all middle aged women. When ordering at the kitchen you could see a sign prominantly displayed that said

“Sexual harrassment is not a problem...It’s a requirement”.

I just read that. Its gotten to the point that if the accused doesn't admit it in any form or fashion, I don't believe it.

These same people were giving Polanski standing ovations and Oscars a few years back. They turned the other way while Weinstein was raping half of Hollywood because they cared more about their careers than stopping Weinstein. They just supported Hillary CLinton for President who covered and defended Bill for decades when he was accused of rape, sexual assault, palling around with a convicted pedophile child trafficer, etc. When is the media going after Bill CLinton?

They’re complete hypocrites.

While there is no excuse for inappropriate behavior. But it does seem a bit odd to me that so many people working in the entertainment and news industry are being punished while the networks that employed them airs television shows that are themselves based on inappropriate behavior. This is the same industry that televise commercials with barely clothed young ladies that appear to be severely undernourished in an attempt to make them appear even younger, the same networks that televises shows that commonly promotes inappropriate behavior as normal behavior and presents characters that are “normal” as ignorant and inappropriate.Mixed signals, double standards whatever you want to call it. You can’t promote inappropriate behavior as entertainment then act shocked when it actually happens on the set.

These same people were giving Polanski standing ovations and Oscars a few years back. They turned the other way while Weinstein was raping half of Hollywood because they cared more about their careers than stopping Weinstein. They just supported Hillary CLinton for President who covered and defended Bill for decades when he was accused of rape, sexual assault, palling around with a convicted pedophile child trafficer, etc. When is the media going after Bill CLinton?

They're complete hypocrites.

I cant argue your point, I have been wondering the same thing.

I can't figure out who the victim is, the accuser or the accused. Should they be proven guilty before punishment is handed out?

It's what's going on today... It's the big scoop who's getting "exposed"... More stuff getting around to divide us all even further than it already is. What'll it be next week, day, second... My advice is to avoid the media, because they are the ones making out good when we pay attention to what they give us. Been that way for years, just more pronounced these days because of you know who...

And I personally don't condone sex offenders, aggressors, whatever. It's not even about that anymore to me... This is out of control today!

Archived