Gibson Brands Forums

I'm Sure The World's Gone Mad

IanHenry

This passage;

"Ms Devon said that using the term "girls" can evoke a sense that they have to do everything perfectly which can "create a lot of anxiety" in children and teenagers......Meanwhile, the term "boys" carries connotations of "being macho, not talking about your feelings, being told to man up"...

...indicates that not only has Ms. Devon got some seriously outdated stereotypical ideas about the girls and boys of today but also that she is in real need of psychiatric counselling...and LOTS of it.

How on Earth does the word 'girl' evoke a "negative stereotype associated with gender"?

My guess is that there is some very deep-seated reason behind her ludicrous statements and that, in all probability, it has its roots in her own childhood and her relationship to her parents/primary carers.

The woman 'Grown-up Person Whose Anatomical Frontal Bumps are Located Lower Than the Plane of the Shoulders and Above the Navel (As Opposed To Below the Waist)' is clearly a lunatic.

Where is Freud (*) when you need him?!

Pip.

(*) Sigmund that is; not Clement...

EDIT : On second thought, I'd much rather have had Clement's thoughts on the matter...

Pip, mate: it envokes negative stereotypes for her because they're in HER mind - SHE's the one who's prejudiced.

Keep that principle in mind whenever you read about this kind of thing. You'll find a very different picture of these people emerge - it's one they didn't mean to project, possibly weren't even aware they're projecting, but are generally too dim-witted to realize they are in fact... advertising their own hang-ups.

This sort of nonsense makes my blood boil.

The Boy Scouts becoming an absurd test-bed for social experimentation.

The Girl Scouts advising parents, "When relatives and guests make an appearance this holiday season, do not force your daughters to hug them".

Parents and school teachers hither and yon, encouraging small children to abandon their gender identities.

Service members demanding gender-reassignment surgeries, paid for by the unwilling taxpayers.

It's all intellectually-dishonest rubbish, and no good is going to come of it.

:mellow:

'Scales: yes. It's "trending".

Huh. It's my experience that gender dysphoria is very real. But, I believe that, just like the gay world, the people in it will eventually tire of straight college women waging war on behalf of a group whose experiences they do not actually share at all.

It's all intellectual, and no experience in the trenches. That is, at least, what people in these groups whom I know tell me.

The whole debate is interesting, though. At times. If you live and let live, you don't need to be up to date on it.

And you can spend more time judging others, preferably people you haven't even met, on their guitar pickup preferences.

This is affecting schools tremendously as well since we have traditionally organized education by gender. I had my first TG student last year... Alex who wanted to be called Klhoe and dressed the part. Surprisingly the kids were very nice to her and we had no problems. She used a single restroom located in the school clinic. I anticipated new schools to be built with a lot of single restrooms instead of what we call "gang' restrooms.

But it's also going to be interesting with regards to things like field trips. I always take the kids to DC and have traditionally had a boy bus and a girl bus. Boys on one floor and girls on another - 4 kids to a room. At some point that will likely be an issue, but it has not happened yet.

I only judge 'em if they call them 'pups'.

[unsure]

Haha! Even I, whose first language isn't English, have stopped referring to pickups as pups.

Now, if I could only find something to substitute the pompous "whose first language..."...

I only judge 'em if they call them 'pups'.

[unsure]

Haha! Even I, whose first language isn't English, have stopped referring to pickups as pups.

Now, if I could only find something to substitute the pompous "whose first language..."...

This is affecting schools tremendously as well since we have traditionally organized education by gender. I had my first TG student last year... Alex who wanted to be called Klhoe and dressed the part. Surprisingly the kids were very nice to her and we had no problems. She used a single restroom located in the school clinic. I anticipated new schools to be built with a lot of single restrooms instead of what we call "gang' restrooms.

But it's also going to be interesting with regards to things like field trips. I always take the kids to DC and have traditionally had a boy bus and a girl bus. Boys on one floor and girls on another - 4 kids to a room. At some point that will likely be an issue, but it has not happened yet.

Interesting. I would advice, make no big deal about it. I'm sure Alex/Klhoe will understand.

I'm not saying there will never be a kid who will quite literally be confused and eventually "grow out of it", but I do suspect that kids are essentially like I was when I was a kid: pack animals. Nurture has yet to influence nature at a young age. So I do believe a TG child has a deep-seated reason for it.

I don't consider myself particularly liberal (which is high treason here in Sweden), but I can't see the harm. You could have put me in a school with nothing but TG kids when I was a kid, and I can't imagine it would have made me any less straight.

This, of course, is where champions of nurture rather than nature fxxk up. Even politically, because if nurture saddles nature, then how could TG kids in school be harmless to other students?

Of course, people on frontlines and bandwagons are zealots rather than insightful.

And it goes both ways, because I have super conservative friends who believe it's all a Leftist conspiracy. Bollocks. We have TG kids in middle school, and I doubt they're so-called "useful idiots" for ANY agenda.

Too Funny #1...

My favorite:...

msp_laugh.gif

Too Funny #2...

The correct terminology for children, of either gender, is midget humans...

msp_laugh.gif

I only judge 'em if they call them 'pups'...

...which can mean something quite different in my neck of the woods. And I don't mean 'midget dogs'...

...I had my first TG student last year... Alex who wanted to be called Klhoe and dressed the part. Surprisingly the kids were very nice to her and we had no problems. She used a single restroom located in the school clinic. I anticipated new schools to be built with a lot of single restrooms instead of what we call "gang' restrooms...

'Someone I know' works alongside a TG who is a very pleasant and personable colleague. Over the last few years, however, things in the workplace have been having to change at his/her insistence so now not only do the workplace toilets all have to be unisex(*) but also when she/he takes part in staff meeetings he/she requires everyone to refer to her/him in the plural; i.e. 'they'.

Pip.

(*) ...much to the chagrin of the many females working there who know all too well that many males have a very different idea on what is meant by the words 'hygenic' and 'clean'.......

Interesting. I would advice, make no big deal about it. I'm sure Alex/Klhoe will understand.

I'm not saying there will never be a kid who will quite literally be confused and eventually "grow out of it", but I do suspect that kids are essentially like I was when I was a kid: pack animals. Nurture has yet to influence nature at a young age. So I do believe a TG child has a deep-seated reason for it.

I don't consider myself particularly liberal (which is high treason here in Sweden), but I can't see the harm. You could have put me in a school with nothing but TG kids when I was a kid, and I can't imagine it would have made me any less straight.

This, of course, is where champions of nurture rather than nature fxxk up. Even politically, because if nurture saddles nature, then how could TG kids in school be harmless to other students?

Of course, people on frontlines and bandwagons are zealots rather than insightful.

And it goes both ways, because I have super conservative friends who believe it's all a Leftist conspiracy. Bollocks. We have TG kids in middle school, and I doubt they're so-called "useful idiots" for ANY agenda.

I believe ksdaddy will agree this isn't a political post, since I am in essence arguing that not politizising the issue will in effect remove politics from it.

This was last year. It went fine. I'm not sure the more naive kids even knew - though she was very tall and had a deep voice. [biggrin] Fortunately we were given advance notice, so we were prepared.

Pip, our toilets at the office I work out of are unisex I guess, in that we all go together, often at the same time. Makes for some interesting greetings at the washbasin ("hi, do you come here often?" ain't much of a pickup line in this environment either). Hey - I suppose we are 'TG ready' !

Funny, the women (if that's still an allowable term) have claimed a couple of stall with 'ladies only' or somesuch printed signs, and graciously left one stall for the men [laugh] - I can only imagine if we did that! We try to comply, but you know...

Pip, our toilets at the office I work out of are unisex I guess, in that we all go together, often at the same time. Makes for some interesting greetings at the washbasin ("hi, do you come here often?" ain't much of a pickup line in this environment either). Hey - I suppose we are 'TG ready' !

Funny, the women (if that's still an allowable term) have claimed a couple of stall with 'ladies only' or somesuch printed signs, and graciously left one stall for the men [laugh] - I can only imagine if we did that! We try to comply, but you know...

Ladies are always using the faculty restrooms marked male since there are a lot more ladies in our school. They always look very sheepish when they come out. That's when I say "I hope you remembered to lift the seat back up." [biggrin]

Archived