Gibson Brands Forums

Chris Stapleton fans who can’t wait

blindboygrunt

I think he's one of the best voices I have ever heard. That's saying a lot.

I have all his records, and I thought From A Room Vol. 1 was not as good as Traveller. I look forward to see if Vol. 2 is better. Volume 1 was not 'bad,' I just didn't think it was good as Traveller. My gf said the very same thing and she loves him as much as I do.

What an amazing talent. I also love his stripped down production of the first two albums. Eager to see if Vol. 2 is the same style.

He is an artist, like none other that I have ever seen, who can sound absolutely killer with just an acoustic guitar and his voice.

Thanks for the link!

I know a few of you are big fans of this big bearded guy

Huge fan for years. First impression of the album is great. Love the recut of the Steeldrivers "Midnight train to Memphis", also really like "Tryin to untangle my mind".

Always impressed with his writing, playing and singing, also love that he plays that well worn (mojo filled) late '50's LG2.

I want his Cowboy hat.

Took a quick listen, very mainstream country, clearly going after a broad audience. I prefer his solo acoustic work on his LG-2.

I look at mainstream country as the white rappers with twangs rhyming "party" with "bacardi". Chris is a whole 'nother level.

And you should get the hat.

I look at mainstream country as the white rappers with twangs rhyming "party" with "bacardi". Chris is a whole 'nother level.

And you should get the hat.

He is and this track I love, stripped and simple

But compare this to this new material, its very commercial, and i think in a deliberate way, I find what he was doing earlier more soulful, like this track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhnMSVb0oYA

I like Chris Stapleton, as well as the other artist mentioned above, but my absolute favorite in this particular genre is Jay Farrar (with his band Son Volt or as a solo act). Trace by Son Volt is on my list of all time favorite albums. Anyhow, it is great to see that there is still a market for performed (as opposed to computerized) music still.

Lars

I like Chris Stapleton, as well as the other artist mentioned above, but my absolute favorite in this particular genre is Jay Farrar (with his band Son Volt or as a solo act). Trace by Son Volt is on my list of all time favorite albums. Anyhow, it is great to see that there is still a market for performed (as opposed to computerized) music still.

Lars

Lars, whats your favourite track of Jay Farrar, Id like to take a listen - never heard of the guy.

Lars, whats your favourite track of Jay Farrar, Id like to take a listen - never heard of the guy.

Jay Farrar and Jeff Tweedy were both in the band Uncle Tupelo before they split. Farrar then formed Son Volt and Tweedy started Wilco. Uncle Tupelo is often credited as one of the bands jump starting the alternative country movement in the early 90's, with their mix of folk/country and punk rock.

Here are a few of my favorites (some electric and some acoustic).

Son Volt

Uncle Tupelo

Lars

Archived