Gibson Brands Forums

Blues king 777 where’s he gone

blindboygrunt

Was thinking the same about Larry ... Missouripicker.

The Wind Cries Larry ?

Larry’s been known to take a good bit of away time from the forum, but I do hope he’s well.

Maybe BK found a Maton guitar forum, or he got busted for revenge guitar playing against his noisy neighbors. .

BK spends some time on UMGF still. Hope he is ok.

Eaten by a croc while walking the dog at the beach. Correction: eaten by a dog while walking his croc at the beach.

Oh, never mind...

Seriously, I bet he's just spending more time working to pay off his recent guitar-buying sprees.

Still here, thanks! [biggrin]

Nothing much going on here (on Gibson forum) though - one post here while there are 5 pages on AGF.

And I AM enjoying my Maton SRS808 very much but alas, there are no Maton forums or possibly, no other Maton 808 likers...except me and Tommy Emmanuel....probably a clue how good they are in there.... Cedar top over Tasmanian Blackwood for mine is sensational for my fingerpicking and the dual source pickup is one of the best you can get. Worthless guitar totally for strummers. But I could get 4 SRS808 Matons for the price of a new J45 here - wow, what are they doing with the Gibbo prices. I am thinking of getting a couple of old Matons, get them spruced up....most played when I was a kid were awful but that was mainly in the setups, which we didn't know about.

I try to rotate my guitars but I have mainly played the fingerpicker friendly Cedar tops lately - Lowden, Maton.

The Cargill went to the shop to get a dual source pickup after playing and enjoying my Maton pickup and badoinnnggggg, Cargill had a crash on his motor bike that afternoon, so my guitar is sitting at his shop waiting for him to recover...5 weeks so far.

BluesKing777.

Good to hear from ya!

New dog fitting in well at Chez Blues?

New dog has taken up position as Boss....currently sleeping on the previously nice couch. Garden is unrecognizable in places after her renovations, but the position of guard dog is filled well and truly and the postman, salesman, delivery guy, pizza guy etc. leave things out the front lawn now and the real estate agent hastily goes past......boy, did he get a fright when he knocked on my screen door....

BluesKing777.

Archived