Gibson Brands Forums

Hello From Forney, Texas

70Falcon

Hello Everyone,

Been lurking on the site since I finally stopped thinking about learning to play the guitar, and decided to take action. I've done some online lessons, taught myself a couple of chords, and am practicing daily. Took my first face to face lesson today. Got a long way to go, but am enjoying it a lot. My main interests are classic rock, blues and some country/western. Why did I wait so long...

Anyway, I'm a retired computer guy living in a small Texas town near Dallas. We moved here 5 years ago from the Denver, Colorado area, to be closer to our son, his wife and our 9 year old twin grandkids. I'll be 74 in January, and we will celebrate our 50th anniversary next April.

1511930784[/url]' post='1895812']

Hello Everyone,

Been lurking on the site since I finally stopped thinking about learning to play the guitar, and decided to take action. I've done some online lessons, taught myself a couple of chords, and am practicing daily. Took my first face to face lesson today. Got a long way to go, but am enjoying it a lot. My main interests are classic rock, blues and some country/western. Why did I wait so long...

Anyway, I'm a retired computer guy living in a small Texas town near Dallas. We moved here 5 years ago from the Denver, Colorado area, to be closer to our son, his wife and our 9 year old twin grandkids. I'll be 74 in January, and we will celebrate our 50th anniversary next April.

Good for you!! Never too old to play. There are very nice folks here and many are older so if you have any questions feel free to ask. There's always someone who's willing to help. I started playing again after I retired from the Railroad and I was shocked that I forgot everything except how to play, "House of the Rising Sun" main thing is to practice a lot and it all comes in place. Oh, by the way...welcome to the forum. msp_thumbup.gif

Hello Everyone,

Under All things gear and guitar there's a lesson session , Happy anniversary Falcon.

Welcome to the forum

4H

Archived