Gibson Brands Forums

Made 2 Measure for Bozeman

JuanCarlosVejar

You are the bearer of good news, Juan Carlos ! It didn't sound like they were really going to be taking custom orders, but the best news was saved for the last 1:10.

A toasted top Bird with it's Vintage burst and maple back n’ sides = dream fodder

Thanks much for posting [smile], good to see Big G has come around, too.

What’s going on with the worn out pickguard on the SJ200 Regal?

People wonder why Gibson is struggling as a company... A major promo video for their new lineup and they can’t muster up a scratchplate that isn’t f***ed? What is that all about?

People wonder why Gibson is struggling as a company... A major promo video for their new lineup and they can’t muster up a scratchplate that isn’t f***ed? What is that all about?

Maybe advertising how cool they look when they’re worn ?

You are the bearer of good news, Juan Carlos !

A toasted top Bird with it's Vintage burst and maple back n' sides = dream fodder

Make that 2, please - but with a neutral reddish 3-point guard this time.

Still can't get enough of the vintage Bird-look. And the ivory-yellowed (not green) tulips underline this feeling. Suit the rest so good.

Have to plain confess they mesmerize me like nothing else, paintings, 1950/60's cars, flowers, sea-cliffs and underwater scenarios, old LP's get the hind wheels.

Okay, certain women take the prize, but, , , these guitars beyond doubt have All Access here. . .

Maybe advertising how cool they look when they’re worn ?

I think they look cool when the player who’s slinging the guitar has put the miles on it and can wear the wear (so to speak!) to prove it, but I don’t really dig the whole relic thing, especially on a blingy guitar like that. It seems at cross purposes to me...just my opinion though!

Chatting some guitar talk with the owner of a small shop that still manages to be a Gibson dealer, I was told about a pickguard on one of the hyper-bling birds that had warped. . . the hand inlaid m.o.p. ‘guard was a $900 replacement item. That’s a lot of hand inlay/paint hours. They want to make the guard as thin as possible to not tie up the top. It’s a compromise, and underscores the advantage of getting that Gibson warranty.

Make that 2, please - but with a neutral reddish 3-point guard this time.

Still can't get enough of the vintage Bird-look. And the ivory-yellowed (not green) tulips underline this feeling. Su

Almost forgot to make sure tulips were on the dream sheet. The burst they put on the Vintage model is beautiful and the way the torrefied wood drinks in the burst adds just a little more character. ‘Am still thinking about the more honey-like Heritage Cherry sunburst like the one on the Bird that I let get away.

I think they look cool when the player who’s slinging the guitar has put the miles on it and can wear the wear (so to speak!) to prove it, but I don’t really dig the whole relic thing, especially on a blingy guitar like that. It seems at cross purposes to me...just my opinion though!

I'm proud of the wear I've put on some of mine, but would feel kind of like an imposter buying fake mileage😨

I'm proud of the wear I've put on some of mine, but would feel kind of like an imposter buying fake mileage

To me the relic thing is just a finish option. I do not really get it but I guess when you only own old guitars it is just not that appealing to buy a new ones that looks like those that not a day goes by that you do not wish looked like they did when they rolled out of Kalamazoo. If Gibson would hear my plea they would offer up a brand new shiny J-35 with the tall, thin un-scalloped X bracing, a French Heel neck and maybe a terrified top and bridge plate. Now that would be yummy.

That's what I suspected. You can see as the light reflects off of it, it is as shiny as a new Maserati. You don't get a full frontal close-up like with the HBird, but around 5:20 you can see the lower part of the PG and it looks like the artwork is 100% complete. I think the big white flower dots on some of the SJ200s overpower the rest of the artwork. If you look at the close-up of the brass framed MOP 'crown' inlays on the Fret Board, you'll get a sense of how unlikely it is that they'd put a defective PG on this beauty.

This video gives some insight into Bozeman's business strategies, as some of us here have pondered and postured regarding their business acumen, specifically attracting the younger niche.

While this was obviously 'marketing' and gratuitous and pandering - I enjoyed it immensely.

Archived