Gibson Brands Forums

Beautiful Guitar, Hot Deal

JayinLA

I was not impressed with the couple I've played at guitar stores. Great price though.

The only thing I don’t like about mine is the G string goes out of tune, constantly. I’m assuming it’s the nut.

The inlays are a little chintzy looking too compared to the ones in LP but other than that I love it. It’s a LP sound with a light body.

Mine’s black but I think the natural customs are the best looking ones. They seem to go for a bit more though.

It’s a cool guitar that you can really make your own. I don’t know of any famous musicians that use one.

DSDC15VSCH3_MAIN_HERO_01.jpg

I am looking at the price for this instrument and the build out options...I am stunned by the price, features, and options.

$1299

My link

I picked one of these up after AMS blew them out in 2015. I got mine for $999.00 and it is worth that and then some. Very impressive guitar. One of our fellow members put a custom pick guard on theirs and it looks amazing. I'm tempted to do the same to mine. Those customs, man they are slick. I'd take that natural custom any day of the week. A while back I played a used midtown Kalamazoo and have regretted not buying it. Gibson did well with these models.

I went back to AMS' website to see if I could see a stamp on the back of the headstock to determine if they were NOS, which I'm certain they are, and "they gone". That in it's self tells me they were also NOS. Anyway they can be found on ebay with regularity. I would hope Gibson would consider putting the Custom back in even as a special / limited run.

I am a bit puzzled that a semi-hollowbody appears in the USA Nashville range?!

It was the G-Force tuners that made me notice. Memphis guitars didn't use them.

Regardless of that, it looks attractive. [thumbup]

When i talked to a sales rep over at AMS he told me after all the negative press the g-force tuners got in 15' Gibson decided to send these out with grovers on them instead. When I got mine it had grover's on it and that is what sealed the deal for me and I bought it. Never regretted it. The "semi hollow" part I believe is a little different from the traditional semi's Gibson makes. The Midtown is a routed body so the "center block" is simply the remaining wood left over, so more like a solid body with chambers. Sounds amazing!!

Beautiful guitar, and I am a huge Gibson fan ( I have an original 1960 ES 355 ) but the only thing that turns me away from that guitar is where they booked matched the wood for the face,

that’s the light streak going up the center of the body.

Granted, I would not mind owning it , but for me that kind of turns me away.

Maybe I am getting too picky in my ol age.

Archived