Gibson Brands Forums

J-50 Modern Classic

dgeorge

I've always ordered size 2A and they've always fit my guitars. However, others have had a different experience. Depending where you will be ordering them from, most vendors furnish measurements for their pins and the way to get the best fit is to either measure your old pins or send one in so that they can copy it. I know that Bob Colosi has measurements on his website. That might be a good starting point for you.

http://www.guitarsaddles.com/products.asp

Bob Colosi does mention on his site that Gibson is typically size 2A but that as all things Gibson, sometimes they may vary slightly. (That is one of the things I really do love about Gibbys!)

I got size 2A double inlay bone pins from Bob C for my Advance Jumbo and they fit like a glove. I would say if you order 2A's from Bob and they don't fit, he will let you return them and all your out is the shipping back charge which is nothing for pins and Bob will get you set up with the right size. You could always start by just sending him one of the originals. His turn time is remarkable but call him first.

Archived