Gibson Brands Forums

How old are you?

Mr. Gibson

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

59 in two weeks time. This just goes to show what a bunch of old farts we are [smile]

Ian

It is a point though is it not?

Is there a point of "natural death" for the Gibson Forum as all the members are...well...dead!

Keith Richards doesn't count, he was embalmed in the late 70s.

The electric guitar goes up and down in popularity and Gibson has weathered the changes.

The forum will remain as long as Gibson continues hosting it. If it doesn't, we'll be too toasted to know the difference.

Everyone with a bad back and knees please give Karloff a plus.

Done. After four knee operations (3 left & 1 right) and back surgery this past February, I know the feeling. There is nothing left to repair in either of my knees, especially the left one. My orthopedic surgeon is waiting for me to tell him I'm ready to have them both replaced. [crying]

It is a point though is it not?

Is there a point of "natural death" for the Gibson Forum as all the members are...well...dead!

Is there another generation of old geezers coming up behind ready to venerate 1959 and despise all change?

I hope not. That would make it a religion.

Speak for yourself...kiddo. [tongue]

I am still enjoying life, fitter now than I ever was in past years, and the title of this thread should be "how YOUNG are you?" IMO.

B)

Done. After four knee operations (3 left & 1 right) and back surgery this past February, I know the feeling. There is nothing left to repair in either of my knees, especially the left one. My orthopedic surgeon is waiting for me to tell him I'm ready to have them both replaced. [crying]

Go for the replacements! After a lifetime of abusing my knees (football, USMC Recon, Harleys, horses...) I waited until a recent fall on ice/frozen ground broke both - was told replace or never walk properly again. One required bone resculpture, but the difference is outstanding.

68 and somehow have managed to survive Legionaires disease and bowel cancer.

Still upright and kicking!

Just in case anyone here is facing a colostomy, it's not so bad and you get use to it.

Remember, the choice could be a bag or a box!

That's the spirit!

While cancer still obviously claims a lot of lives, it seems a LOT more people make it than when I was a kid. Quite a few relatives have been afflicted in the last ten years, and every single one is still fine, years after. Most ten years after or so.

Maybe it's the mindset? I realize I'm doing all kinds of jinxing here, but if I'd had cancer when I was a kid - I did have quite a scare - I would have died, because that's what people with cancer did back then. These days, were I afflicted, I think I'd be a lot more "okay, this sucks, but let's start looking at the treatment options and all the logistics".

We go to the doctor more often these days. I don't go to the ER for every cold, but I'm not the least bit embarrassed that I go way more often than your average 40-year old. We have essentially free health care - you pay 20 bucks' admission, and that's it. I'd rather get something checked out one time too many than one time too few.

Just wish I could convince certain older relatives to at least go pee in a cup for prostate check-ups...

Old enough (64) to remember hearing Buddy Holly, Little Richard, Chuck Berry, Elvis, et. al. on AM radio when R&R first became popular. My parents were listening to Sinatra, Mitch Miller, and Percy Faith. Too bad it wasn't Wes Montgomery, Duke Ellington, and Benny Goodman.

Archived